Actinic "unable to open registry key"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic "unable to open registry key"

Having recently bought and installed v8, I receive this error whenever I open Actinic:

Code:
    Unable to open the registry key "Software\Actinic\Catalog8\Sites\Bhague2". The system cannot find the file specified.
    Does anyone have any idea why this appears? It was a clean install and no errors were reported during the installation.

Actinic appears to run fine once open, but the message is vaguely troubling and, whilst not keeping me awake at nights, leaves me feeling somewhat more disturbed than I would be if I didn't see it two or three times a day...

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Patrick
    UnderDesign

Regards
    Regards

Patrick Nelson
    UnderDesign.co.uk

can you let us know what Version you running, also your system spec

Comment

Sorry, yes of course.

System spec: Windows XP Pro, SP 2 on an Intel 2 CPU 6400 @ 2.13Ghz, 1.87Gb RAM

Actinic: Actinic Designer, version 8.5.1.0.0.0.HFUA

I'm running in the UK.

Regards

Patrick
      Regards

Patrick Nelson
      UnderDesign.co.uk

Comment

Patrick,

I would suggest compacting your Databases and then trying again, this message should not display again once you click the OK button. The error usually happens if you do not have write/read access in the registry else it could be down to low memory. If the compact does nothing, please contact support so that we can investigate this for you.

Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce
          Patrick,

I would suggest compacting your Databases and then trying again, this message should not display again once you click the OK button. The error usually happens if you do not have write/read access in the registry else it could be down to low memory. If the compact does nothing, please contact support so that we can investigate this for you.

Kind regards,
          Thanks Bruce, I did try compacting the database and it didn't achieve anything so I called support and the problem was solved by an uninstall/reinstall. Thanks everyone for your help.
          Regards

Patrick Nelson
          UnderDesign.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X