Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding more side bar section boxes

Hi all
    is it possible to add additional left hand side bar Store Section list Boxes, that have different Sections / Products in them from the original Store Section list Box?

TIA
    Cheers
    Sean
    Kind Regards
    Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

design tab> select page you want to add to in the right hand window>right click>insert layout>select sidebar in top box>(tick fixed laout) select type in bottom box

i think this is right im sure someone will correct me if not

Gareth
    Remembering the road to Actinic enlightenment is a long and sometimes painful one.
    Current project:
    cheapadulttoys4u.co.uk
    cheaplingerie4u.co.uk
    Something for the Missus,Something for the Weekend

Comment

Sometimes I add stuff in this way and `nothing happens`.

Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Originally posted by george
        Sometimes I add stuff in this way and `nothing happens`.

You and me both

Comment

Cant help thinking its something effing obvious too...
          Football Heaven

Comment

Cant help thinking its something effing obvious too...
            Yup, you aren't doing it right

Comment

ooooooooh....that was harsh
              LOL

Be gentle on him....V8 has made our G fragile
              Tracey

Comment

I have noticed that over the last week or so the hard core rank & file membership of this thread has split, rather like the Labour Party.

One lot has degenerated into blithering lunatics with no work to do - the professionals are notable by their absence.
                Paul
                Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

Comment

Originally posted by pfb5
                  I have noticed that over the last week or so the hard core rank & file membership of this thread has split, rather like the Labour Party.

One lot has degenerated into blithering lunatics with no work to do - the professionals are notable by their absence.
                  The "professionals" are too busy sorting out sites killed by the "blitherers"

Bikster
                  SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Williams
                    is it possible to add additional left hand side bar Store Section list Boxes, that have different Sections / Products in them from the original Store Section list Box?
                    The layouts inbuilt into v8 are limited to what they actually show (content) but are able to show things in a different style (layout) ... if you are wanting different content you either need to do so tricky conditions (see the post near the end by Bruce in the Advanced user Guide thread about Marketing lists) or you will need to hardcode them to get different stuff in there.

You could try something funky with PHP but this is really advanced stuff.

Bikster
                    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by budgetbumps
                      V8 has made our G fragile
                      Not sure about fragile, but you're right v8 HAS changed me, and certainly not in a good way. I've spent a lot of hours, on and off admittedly, trying to grasp the method(s) needed but to be honest I don't think I'm that further forward.

One forum member did offer to do a design for me (for which I'm obviously grateful), but being an only child I'm used to fighting my own battles and thought I'd crack it on my own. Not even close is the latest answer.

The Starter Guide is good but only handy from p66 onwards. The AUG is probably good. But theres a big gap in proper online guides between the two I think.

Take the p*ss if you like but just saying it how it is for me.

Over, and almost out, G.
                      Football Heaven

Comment

Originally posted by jont
                        The layouts inbuilt into v8 are limited to what they actually show (content) but are able to show things in a different style (layout) ... if you are wanting different content you either need to do so tricky conditions (see the post near the end by Bruce in the Advanced user Guide thread about Marketing lists) or you will need to hardcode them to get different stuff in there.

You could try something funky with PHP but this is really advanced stuff.
                        Thanks Jont
                        I had a feeling this might be the case.

I'll start another thread outlining what it is I'm trying to achieve.
                        Sean
                        Kind Regards
                        Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

Hah!
                          No need to post another thread. What got me started was wanting the items in the Store Section Box to appear with one particluar item at the top.
                          Now that I'm not dog-tired after a day's work, I find simple manipulation of mouse and buttons will achieve exactly what I want!

Ho Hum

Mind you, I'd still like to add a second Store Section Box, or do something else maybe to attain the appearance of 'Separation' of categories in this box.
                          Kind Regards
                          Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by george
                            One forum member did offer to do a design for me (for which I'm obviously grateful), but being an only child I'm used to fighting my own battles and thought I'd crack it on my own. Not even close is the latest answer.
                            G I have called in external support as i am struggling with time and getting to grips so believe me you are not alone

D

Comment

Working...
                            X