changing mouseover colour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

changing mouseover colour

I've just added the "Tabber" to my website and I'm slowly getting it up and running.

It looks good apart from in IE(7) when the mouse is over the tab title, it changes to red underline text.
    (It doesn't do it in FF, btw)

[EDIT] A link might help http://www.budget-bumps.co.uk/acatal..._Specials.html
    [/EDIT]

I thought it'd be something in my actinic css but I've changed the only references to red that looked like they were the culprits (by editting the stylesheet in the design tab) and there has been no change.

Where else could it be picking it up from? anyone know?

Thanks
    Tracey

There are 4 pseudo states for an <a> tag. Your a:hover state has something different to what your a:link has set, so they clash or act differently for want of a better word. Because of IE6, we are sometimes forced to define all 4 states of an <a> tag to ensure there is no inheritance issues.

I would suggest creating 4 pseudo classes for the tabber <a> tags and applying this class directly. You can then change these to your hearts content without changing anything else on the site. The advanced themes config is the spawn of satan if you are not aware on what else you might be changing, therefore steer clear and just create your own is the best bet IMO.

The states are:

a:link
    a:visited
    a:hover
    a:active

Comment

ok, thanks Lee...I understood half of that (which is good going for me!)

How do I set up classes for the tabber <a> tags? in the tabber css? or in the actinic stylesheet?

Sorry if that's a dim question..it's getting late LOL
      Tracey

Comment

ok...never mind...did it

There were already some classes in there (the tabbedproductdescription css) but I added the a:hover one and bingo....it works!!

Thanks, Lee
        Tracey

Comment

Sorry Tracey i was trying to decipher your site so that i could give you correct info, rather than a stab in the dark. Looks like they are <li> and are inheriting on the site. Do you know how the tabber is installed and how it gets it classes?

Comment

ah ok cool, lol. Crossed in the post there.

Comment

yeh..I was doing the trial and error thing trying to decide which colour looked better and whether to underline etc checking them in the offline preview/design tab each time

Now uploading so I could be a while...bloody thing takes aaaaaaaages my snail's pace connection at home
              Tracey

Comment

Working...
              X