ssl nonsecure itemes problem, cannot make a purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ssl nonsecure itemes problem, cannot make a purchase

hi there everybody, i really would appreciate some help here.

the problem is with regards to http://www.tradehandles.co.uk/ it uses ssl for the 'checkout pages and customer login only'.
    during the checkout process, if you try to select your location, you get the "do you want to display the nonesecure items?" message. regardless of whether you choose yes or no, you then get bumped back out to the shop, therefore you can't make a purchase.

does anybody have any ideas how to solve please?

i am using actinic ver 8.5.1, i have tried:
    reverting to older snapshot.
    purge and refresh via troubleshooting.
    manually removing all the actinic files via ftp then doing a the refresh.
    changing the script id.

the most puzzling thing that i just don't understand, i have tried older snapshots that used to work, but now getting same problem with them.

thank you all for reading and for your help

tony.

I could be wrong but i think your continues button once you selected the country linkls to the wrong page as it seems to cancel

Just a thought

Darren

Comment

A bit of a long shot, but I had the same problem when I upgraded from one version of V7 to a later one. Ignore the non-secure message for now - I think that is another issue. I solved the problem by deleting all the files in the CGI bin and uploading copies of earlier versions which were known to work - I had to do this using an FTP program such as Dreamweaver.

It is almost as if one or more files had become corrupted, and using previous snapshots didn't seem to replace them, although I think it should have done (and this is why deleting the files then doing a refresh might not be working - which is why I had to use DW to upload earlier versions).

If you want to give this a go, just make sure that you have current snapshots, backups, life insurance, flood damage insurance, petcare etc etc.

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

I think I've fixed it!

OK,

Thanks Tony for your help.

Basically I went into the design libirary and rolled back (to factory settings) every setting that looked like it may, even loosely, effect the checkout process. Done a purge and refresh, deleting all .cat and .fil files.

Only think not working is the pay later options at checkout, however I’m sure I can fix those.

Moved site to a different server to eliminate that aspect also.

The wierdest thing with all this is that when i reverted to an old, known good snapshot, the probelem was still there, even on new webspace.. I tried this with a handfull from from 2 and 3 months ago.

I can only assume the underlying problem is with the latest patch (8.5.1.) since this is the only thing different compared to when this snapshot worked.

Unfortunately I don't have time to reinstall and old version of actinic and test as the checkout has been down for nearly a week now. AAAAAAAAAhhh!!

Relief now.

Thanks to all for your help.
        Steve
        -------------------
        www.provide.co.uk Actinic Web Design & Support Services
        www.tradehandles.co.uk Kitchen Door Handles & Retro Fit Kitchen Accessories
        -------------------

Comment

Working...
        X