Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order lock error after upgrade to v8

Hello there,

Am helping out with a friends web site, www.pushing-up-daisies.co.uk. Initial version of the site was done in Catalog v7 and all worked fine - we managed to order online and then download orders for processing etc.

Recently, she upgraded to v8 and has opened a Protx account. I've managed to migrate the old v7 site successfully, only now I get the following error message when I try to place a test order on the 'os000001.pl' page:

"An error occurred while attempting to generate a unique order number. Actinic ecommerce is unable to lock the counter file. Permission denied"

I followed the Protx instructions re test user etc in the Protx template (as per documentation) and then refreshed the site completely but the problem still persists.

Testing of network settings is OK and I have incremented the setting file accordingly.

Any help greatly appreciated!

J
    Jan
    www.littleherbal-international.com

An update.

I contacted our ISP to review the permissions on all files, directories etc. I received a message to "try again".

This time, when I come to order I am transferred directly to the receipt page, not even a redirection to Protx or the chance of entering any card details anywhere.

I've let the ISP know and their reply is "how can we replicate this?".

Does anyone have any suggestions at all? I've suggested to the ISP that perhaps starting again is the best option.
    Jan

Comment

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...=orderlock.num found by a search on 'orderlock.num' should still apply to v8.
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

We had that problem as well.

How we solved it:

in Web | Network Setup :
        change the CGI Script Id number to a new number (ie: from 3 to 4) and do a web site refresh.
        Eileen Eby
        http://www.wildbirdfood.uk.com

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. The permissions on the order lock file were 777 already. And I've tried to increment the number in the network settings. Both to no avail.

In the end I did ask the ISP to review all file and folder permissions and they obviously worked some "magic" as this problem does not occur. Still trying to find out what they did!
          Jan

Comment

Working...
          X