How to convert currency from £ to Euros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to convert currency from £ to Euros

I have recently moved to France and need to convert all my existing prices on my site from pounds to euros - is there a formula to do this, without changing each one? I found some instruction for version 4 and 5, about being able to do this in Access, but wary in case things go wrong......

Any advice welcome.

Originally posted by Joyce @ Alba
    I have recently moved to France and need to convert all my existing prices on my site from pounds to euros - is there a formula to do this, without changing each one? I found some instruction for version 4 and 5, about being able to do this in Access, but wary in case things go wrong......

Any advice welcome.
    Hi

Export your catalog, use the formula in excel (current price * whatever the conversion is), change the currency in actinic re-import...voila

Fait accompli

Au revoir
    Daren

Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
    Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

I found some instruction for version 4 and 5, about being able to do this in Access, but wary in case things go wrong......
      you may find the instructions for 4,5 still are applicable, just make sure you take a copy of the database first so you can easily restore if it goes wrong.

Bon Chance!

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
        you may find the instructions for 4,5 still are applicable, just make sure you take a copy of the database first so you can easily restore if it goes wrong.

Bon Chance!
        If your access skills are limited then go down the excel route....

much, much safer IMHO.

cordiales salutations

Comment

zut alors!
          much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much safer.

Comment

Many many thanks for the wise advice. I had shrewdly done the back up thing anyway - and have done the export to excel. For some reason no prices have exported (everything else in the the world seems to be there...) -could it be because I have stock hidden and not allowing orders meantime on the site?

Comment

No it's probably because you are looking for a £0.00 format, when it actually comes out in pence as a whole number.

Comment

Hi Joyce

Add a column to your spreadsheet (A1) and then input numbers (1 to however many lines there are) then you can sort by the price column, change them around then resort by your column A back into the original order (then delete it before you re-import)

HTH
                Regards
                Daren

Comment

I may be looking at this too simplisticaly, but why don't you just show prices in Euro's and Pounds which can be set up by going to Settings>Business Settings and set Euro's as your default currency and Pounds as your second currency ?

You will have to fill in the exchange rate for pounds/euro's yourself and remember that these are only approximate values, and perhaps make your customersaware of this.
                  Steve Jordan
                  -----------------------------
                  Error 404 - Page not found

Sellerdeck V11.03 - Business - Actinic Payments -
                  Sage Accounts 50 V16 2012 Sellerdeck Link

Acacia Masonic Regalia Masonic Regalia Masonic Forum

Comment

Once you change your default currency you will have to adjust your prices on the products - just what Joyce is asking about.

Comment

What would happen then if you keep GBP's as your default currency and show Euro's as a second currency ?
                      Steve Jordan
                      -----------------------------
                      Error 404 - Page not found

Sellerdeck V11.03 - Business - Actinic Payments -
                      Sage Accounts 50 V16 2012 Sellerdeck Link

Acacia Masonic Regalia Masonic Regalia Masonic Forum

Comment

You then enter the exchange rate and it calculates your Euros based on that times your Pounds. In Joyce's case I think she will be accepting Euros as payment so the price must be correct and not approximate.

Comment

Welcome to France. It is so rare to cross the channel in this direction !
                          Didier
                          www.supreme.fr

Comment

Very true Didier, your government has a brain.

Comment

I'm not sure that only one brain is sufficient !
                              Didier
                              www.supreme.fr

Comment

Working...
                              X