Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reset Duplicates with extended info bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reset Duplicates with extended info bug?

Ok I've just added extended info to a main product - to show a trailer for a DVD.

Extended window opens with a link to You tube - Hunky Dory.

Then I go to the duplicate for this product - reset to get it to open a new extended info window too

BUT

I get a dialog box demanding "A filename must be specified, please enter a name" this refers to the extended info file name.

It won't let me ignore it, nor will it let me change the filename - Thus I am not allowed to reset my dup to match my main product?

Ive had a similar problem - check your main product reference number is the same as its duplicate as mine were different

Comment

I've had this too, you can't reset from the duplicate, you have to do it from the master - a bug no doubt. This product ID change to service one client requesting duplicates on the same page really has buggered us about.

Comment

a bug no doubt
        It is and i reported it weeks ago - the latest update was supposed to fix it

Comment

Product refs were the same on both products
          Couldn't reset from either the dup or the original

however I could delete the dup and recreate!!

Sort of Solved - but a BUG

Comment

just check they are using productID as that is where the problem is comming from

Comment

Alert - you've said this twice now....

I'll look again, but in the meanwhile i'm calling it a day. Ta Malc

Comment

Alert - you've said this twice now....
                I mean in the code this time - not the product reference in the product tab.

Yep - bed time

Comment

I mean in the code this time
                  Indeed... All my layouts for extended info use Product Ref, how crap is that?

(851HFUA)

Comment

use Product Ref, how crap is that?
                    Agreed - this whole duplictes change has been a disaster, its trashed a few of my sites

Comment

But i thought the HFUA version was guaranteed to sort it all out, well i'm really really shocked that it hasn't. Fancy that, an upgrade causing problems. What the hell did this change occur for? Haven't they got enough to be going on with, makes your blood boil at times.

Anyone understand why they did this?

Comment

But i thought the HFUA version was guaranteed to sort it all out
                        Well I can assure you that it has NOT. The duplicate productID is not working at all well as it seems to be missing.

Comment

Reset Duplicates work now.

I changes ALL ext info layouts (future proofing)

Comment

I was one of those asking for the ProductID change.

One reason is that this is how V7 worked and it worked properly there.

Another reason is that otherwise Actinic would have to prevent you using duplicates on the same page - this would be a new restriction on prior functionality.

However the way that it was implemented - 2 version of 8.5.1 and some extra code in HFUA to convert the existing Variables was pretty ugly.

I now have to provide any patches that use ProductReference in 3 different flavours.

1) 8.0.4 and below
                            2) 8.5.0 - 8.5.1.HERA
                            3) 8.5.1.HFUA
                            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

However the way that it was implemented - 2 version of 8.5.1 and some extra code in HFUA to convert the existing Variables was pretty ugly
                              Not wrong there norm - they seem to have missed converting some variables in some layouts which means that it sometimes works

Comment

Working...
                              X