Actinic stopped sending mails, is this the cause

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic stopped sending mails, is this the cause

Our hosts have issued the following upgrade statement.

Due to our on going commitment to our customers, myserverworld.net Linux servers have had their PHP versions upgraded from 5.0 to 5.2.1.

Please see http://www.php.net/migration52 for details of changes if you are having issues with your code since the upgrade.

We dont anticipate any scripting issues as a result of this, however we would assure customers that this was done with server security in mind.

Does anyone know if this will cause any problems using actinic. Is it the cause of actinic not sending any order received emails.

Thanks
    Jonathan

your webserver software has nothing to do with Actinic so don't worry

Comment

Any ideas, why all actinic generated emails have just stopped?
      Jonathan

Comment

I have made no network setup changes, and it was working fine.

If i do a network setup test, it passes, but no test email is received.
        Jonathan

Comment

Actinic has nothing to do with your server php settings whatsoever
          - nothing at all

Comment

what SMTP server are you using?

what email address in business settings?

have you tried localhost?

Kev is correct PHP version will not affect Actinic, I wonder if your host made other changes at the same time that they haven't announced

Comment

if this is causing you grief, firstly, check your settings are not changed sinse it last worked then kick the ers right up their arse for it lashing up

Comment

Sometimes when our ISP (freeola) does major upgrades which supposedly will have no effect on actinic, our actinic files end up getting their attributes mysteriously changed.

We then change the Actinic CGI script number and do a site Refresh and burst back into life.
                Eileen Eby
                http://www.wildbirdfood.uk.com

Comment

what kind of server hosts are you using, they sound total cack if you get this trouble,

jesus, I wouldn't put up with that every time the HOST wants to do some changes does it make YOU the custumer have to make changes,,............stuff that

They aint worth a light IMO

Comment

I have made no changes to the network setup, it has been working for months.

I am using localhost, i have changed the script number and refreshed the site, maybe that will sort the problem.
                    Jonathan

Comment

doesnt look that has sorted it.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
                      Jonathan

Comment

Does your host support SMTP?
                        Are you using a domain emailaddress in Business settings email address?

Comment

I am not sure, I am not using any authentication in network setup, just localhost.

The email address in business settings is sales@mywebsite.co.uk
                          Jonathan

Comment

try changing SMTP to mail.mywebsite.co.uk

its worth a try...

also check your mail on your server to make sure its not been caught up in spam filters etc

Just noticed Myserverworld is now pipex/webfusion- havve you search for posts on pipex/webfusion to see how your settings compare?

Comment

pipex is 123reg/is webfusion/is pipex group = crap support

do localhost in your SMTP and if that dont work, either re-install or dump your host

Comment

Working...
                              X