Discount Coupon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discount Coupon

I would like to offer a $10 voucher to subscribers of my newsletter that they can redeem when they spend $50 or more in a single purchase.

I would like this offer to only be available to subscribers who must enter a code into the gift voucher field on the site.

However the way I had it set up it was offering the $10 discount to everyone.

Here is how I had set it up... where have I gone wrong?

In Marketing | Discounts and Surcharges settings

In the Order Level Tab:
    Check the enabled box
    Check the requires coupon code box
    Enter Coupon Code: BMJULY
    Under triggers: Cart Value $50, Amount $10
    Under Restrictions sub-tab: enter date range

Actinic cannot do single issue gift vouchers - at the risk of being called unhelpfull - do a search and you will it is on the V8 wish list.

Comment

Do your subscribers belong to a Customer group? There is a facility on the bottom right of the restrictions tab to specify (a) group name(s).
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

Just to clarify: This will not be a single issue voucher. I wish to send my subscribers a code (BMJULY) which they need to enter into the gift voucher field during check-out.

If they want to they can enter this code for multiple transactions during the validity period.

My newsletter subscribers are not organised in a particular "group" - haven't gotten to start playing with that part of Actinic yet.

I only want to give the discount to people with the code... however the way I had it set up above the discount was being applied to everyone (not only those in possession of the code)

Comment

I only want to give the discount to people with the code... however the way I had it set up above the discount was being applied to everyone
          Check you have enabled the "Reqires Coupon Code "

Comment

Thanks Malcolm, the box is checked.

However I think I have found the cause to my "problem". Actinic must automatically install cookies on the pc - so that after having entered the code once you don't need to enter it again - even if you have emptied the cart a few times... found this out by logging on to another computer and doing a dummie transaction - site appears normal.

Sorry - I'm not very technically inclined so hope the above makes some kind of sense.

Comment

If you plan to give your newsletter subscribers the code via an email surely only they will know what the code is, and when it is, won't they??
              Of course this way they could always pass the code on to friends/family but would the added orders not be worth the risk?
              What I would advise is having a completely different promotional code each time you need to do a promotion and probably not something such as dates, its all to easy to guess what the code will be next time. I would go for something you can relate to but would fade over time out of peoples minds.
              www.parklifeclothes.co.uk

Parklife, Whitby

Diesel, Converse, Crocs, Quiksilver, Miss Sixty, Scotch & Soda, Bench, Levi's, Kickers

Comment

Originally posted by parklifeclothes
                Of course this way they could always pass the code on to friends/family but would the added orders not be worth the risk?

Or even part of the while strategy... ...especially if you can acquire their email addy onto your marketing list(s). ...repeated again in a few weeks with the added hope of more `snowballing`.
                Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Working...
                X