Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Dreamweaver

Hello Everyone!

I am very new to Actinic and have just finished reading the Starter Guide and am now starting on the Adavanced Guide.

I have a fair amount of experience using Dreamweaver. I have read some information about using Dreamweaver in conjunction with Actinic, but I am unsure where to start. Does anyone know of any good tutorials on this subject?

I have the trial version of Actinic Catalogue installed and I am also unsure about how to start a totally new site without all the demonstration products in it?

Any help is much appreciated!

Cammy.

Originally posted by Cammy
    I have the trial version of Actinic Catalogue installed and I am also unsure about how to start a totally new site without all the demonstration products in it?
    You just have to delete them, this will put a red cross on them, you can then use Housekeeping / Purge Content to remove them permanently.

Regards
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Probably best to hide the unwanted sections to start with rather than deleting - if you do hit purge at some point they are go forever and they may serve as a useful guide on how to set things up.. especially the products with components.

Using DW with v8 is a cinch. In DW simply create the overall layout of the site (forget about products, section links etc initially).. once you are happy with the design register it with Actinic and then insert the main Actinic elements (inner layout, navigation, cart summary etc). Back inside Actinic you will see your layout with the Actinic contents in place... you can then go through the products, section links etc to modify these to suit your design.

It goes without saying you need to leave the space to accept the Actinic code when designing your layout in DW ... I often use temporary code to ensure the correct spacing and layout and delete prior to registration. I tend to also take a backup copy of the DW layout prior to registering the design just in case it goes pear-shaped.

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks to you both for your advice!

Comment

Working...
        X