Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was Now Price or RRP / Sale Price

Hi Folks
    I'm currently using and looking to perhaps move over to actinic.
    One thing I'd like to do which is very easily set up in zen is to have a product with something like RRP 29.95 (strikethrough) our price 29.90 or Was 29.95 Now 29.90.

This wouldnt be on all products just selected ones.
    Could some kind soul point me in the general direction please.

Thanks
    Nige

If you search the forum on term 'strikethrough', you will see an abundance of threads where this has been spoke about before.

Comment

There may a number of ways to achieve this but one way could be to create a new varaible scoped for product (that could contain the strikthrough price), modify the product layout to include this variable with the required formatting/strikethrough required, then put a blockif around this modified part of the layout to only show it if the variable has a value.

It may seem more complicated than you do at present if you are not yet conversant with v8, but after getting to grips with it this is not a difficult task. V8 is very adaptable with the use of variables and blockif statements in the Actinic design code.

Comment

Actinic lets you easily create custom Variables. You'd use one for your RRP. Then in your Product Layout you'd have something like (pseudo code).

if (RRP exists) and (RRP > PRICE) then display "<s>RRP £<actinic:variable name="RRP" /></s>"
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
        X