Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A couple of general Actinic questions....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A couple of general Actinic questions....

Hi

I was just wondering if there's a way to only upload a single page rather than having to upload the entire site each time - this seems a bit tedious as it takes a long time for just a one line change!!! I've tried searching on the forum but can't find anything on it.

Also, with navigation buttons: if I want to change the look of these buttons, do I have to physically hard-code each one or is there a way to define the button once and then it gets picked up for each option? Sorry if this sound like a dumb-a55 question, but buttons aren't my forte - as you may well have guessed

Thanks in advance

Michael

1 - No, it has to go through that process.

2 - This all depends on how they are setup, nowadays many buttons are setup using CSS, so to change the look of a button, you adjust the CSS and all buttons (using that style) on the site will change sumultaneously. Graphical buttons used to be rigidly made and so they all needed to be adjusted if the style was to change. You can now use CSS along with a graphic to merge the two ideas which is much better than standalone graphics.

In short, there is no answer to your question without knowing what you currently use.

Comment

Lee, thanks for getting back so quickly.

I'm currently using the default buttons on the smart theme. I wanted to add some css buttons to the navbar. So from what you're saying, I can just define that button once and then use it for each option - is that rght? This then leads me to my next question - how do I do that? sorry....

Thanks in advance

Comment

Go to Library, variables

here you will find all buttons that pre-exsist, you can insert these where ever you want them

or create a variable if you want something new

Comment

Ok great!!! Thanks for that, I'll give it a go.

Comment

I was just wondering if there's a way to only upload a single page rather than having to upload the entire site each time - this seems a bit tedious as it takes a long time for just a one line change!!! I've tried searching on the forum but can't find anything on it.
            1 - No, it has to go through that process.
            Maybe I've misunderstood the question or the answer, but if you choose 'update website' rather than 'refresh website' then Actinic only uploads stuff that has changed.

Mike
            -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by olderscot
              Maybe I've misunderstood the question or the answer, but if you choose 'update website' rather than 'refresh website' then Actinic only uploads stuff that has changed.

Mike
              It still needs to go through the process of checking the marketing lists, sections, coding etc.. this stage can not be side-stepped but will cut the procedure down as will eventually only upload the necessary changes and not the whole site.

Bikster
              SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
              X