Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please Help Me Improve My Website!

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday i went live with my first website (i have only been doing this for two months and this is my first post on the community!) I was hoping that if anyone had a few minutes spare they could pop on and give me some feedback on what they like and dislike! im trying to improve and learn as much as possible so all comments would be greatly appreciated

My website address is http://www.themortonshop.com/

Thanks very much!

Elaine

I only have time for a very quick peek but first comment...you really could do with larger product images (in the extended info perhaps) because your images are tiny

Sorry, it's a negative...it's just the first think I noticed
    Tracey

Comment

sponsored by 'millions' easily the most delicious 6mm wide snack.

good start on your site.

Comment

Yesterday i went live with my first website (i have only been doing this for two months and this is my first post on the community!) I was hoping that if anyone had a few minutes spare they could pop on and give me some feedback on what they like and dislike! im trying to improve and learn as much as possible so all comments would be greatly appreciated
        I took a quick look and not being fottball savvy i don't understand the product... as I've never heard of Morton FC.

Thus leads me to wonder about who your target market is.

Could you let us have more info on why you built the site and who you want to sell too, then we can offer more constructive ideas.

I wasn't very impressed to see I coud buy a bar of millions orange chocolate for 50p but be charged Ł4.95 to have it shipped.

Comment

Hi Elaine,

Congratulations on launching your first site

On a positive note:
          1. The colour scheme works well and corresponds nicely to the team colours.
          2. The product range appears to be good, and contains most of the items a typical fan might want to purchase.
          3. The product descriptions (of those I viewed) are informative.

Some other observation I made are:
          1. The site layout appears to be broken. If it isn't (view in as many browsers as possible to check) the layout is very disjointed. Try where possible to use clean lines, make borders line up, use consistent widths etc.
          2. Again, this might be a "broken layout" issue, but the "site function" navigation buttons such as search, view cart etc are at the bottom of each page. As a user, I would expect to see these in a prominent location.
          3. When shopping online, customers do not have the advantage of being able to see products "in the flesh" and so they need suitable pictures instead. Many of the products available had the club logo, instead of a product picture. Try where possible to replace these.
          4. The "arrows" on the side navigation bar suggest that a sub menu should be displayed and may be confusing to some users.
          5. There is, IMO, too much white space at present. Every inch of an ecommerce site is valuable "real estate" and should not be wasted. If you look at the club shop sites such as Liverpool, Chelsea or Man Utd (Can you guess what team I support from the order of sites stated!!) you might get some ideas on how to best to use your space better.
          6. The "update" button in the shopping cart is different to the others. Only a little thing but it sticks out like a sore thumb.

These comments are meant only as feedback and not as criticisms.With a few tweaks, this could be a very nice site indeed - well done so far.

HTH

Chris
          Ladies Swimwear
          www.li-fi.co.uk

Comment

Your home page wieght is very big - about 300K this means that your homepage will take too long to download - you need to optimise your images better and make the site faster

Comment

Thank you for the comments so far, they have been very helpful in me planning what to do next!

This site was built for our local football team Greenock Morton and is the club’s shop. MFC already have a website for the fans for information etc so I am only using the website to sell the football products.

I appreciate the time you all took to have a look at the site and hopefully il be able to put some of the points into action soon!

Thanks again!

Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Elainek
                Thank you for the comments so far, they have been very helpful in me planning what to do next!

This site was built for our local football team Greenock Morton and is the club’s shop. MFC already have a website for the fans for information etc so I am only using the website to sell the football products.

I appreciate the time you all took to have a look at the site and hopefully il be able to put some of the points into action soon!

Thanks again!

Elaine
                Hi Elaine

Just an observation but are you representing GM officially?

If so, I would have thought the shop visitor & SEO would benefit greatly from the main site content by being part of it and not a new stand alone site?

There is also the cross content and upsell options that could be maximised?

Regards
                Daren
                Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
                Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Hi Daren,

Thanks for your comment it is indeed a good point.

We are a small local shop who are selling the official Morton items on behalf of the club. We have a “click-through” on the official morton site and have been advertising this in the local press and shop window too. Hopefully this will catch the attention of our market at the moment.

Elaine

Comment

Hi elaine

your site is great

you can judge mine when it eventually goes live

www.gilmoursports.com should go live tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                    X