Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E-Mail Errors in version

hi

I used the update patch to upgrade to version 8.50 HBKA, however I have not been able to e-mail customer through actinic (only, cutting & pasting through microsoft, which is getting annoying)

The error message shown, when testing, is

Actinic Mail Test completed successfully
    server: passed
    connection: passed
    sockets: passed
    communications: failed
    authorisation: failed

its drving me mad as I have never had a problem before, Ive been using actinic for 4yrs now, some please help me...

You might want to repost this in the Upload Problems, Connection problems an Network Settings Forum, with information about who your host is, and a copy of your network settings (with usernames/passwords starred *** out).

One thing to check before you do that, is how you progress using localhost as the smtp server setting with the requires username and password tickbox cleared.

Please report back here with the name of your host if the change to localhost works.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

thanks,

Have tried "localhost" with box ticked & unticked but still nothing, my hosts are www.internetters.co.uk (Iomart Group)

Comment

You now need to reread Bill's answer and act on his first sentence

Comment

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...374#post176374

dup post.....

Comment

I have done what bill said but it don't work, will contact hosts instead, 2nd post was only posted coz bill said to re post it here.

Comment

Working...
            X