page naming - no underscores!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

page naming - no underscores!

Sorry if this has been covered before but couldnt see anything on a quick search. It would be much better if actinic by default named pages with hypens instead of underscores - google for one sees an underscore as a stop character and we never use them for page naming.

I presume this is a core programme change?
    seo company: web development - online marketing - actinic ecommerce

I always enter section-names-with-a-hyphen to get the correct HTML name and then simply delete and enter the "friendly name" as seen in the navigation (thereby retaining the hyphenated version as the page name)

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

You can name them yourself instead or run an Access query on the database, but as you say by default a space is changed to an underscore. I suppose it could be a wish list item to be able to have that character selectable in the site options or suchlike.

Comment

this should be a simple update but I assume its not somethign we can change in perl etc but a 'core engine' change? just best practice really, actinic can be good for lots of things out of the box such as page titling etc but this would be good as well for lazy people who dont rename page or have large sites!

Comment

It would have to be selectable - G would probably change it's mind again next week...

Comment

Sorry if this has been covered before but couldnt see anything on a quick search.
            It has many many times and IMO it make no difference which you use.

Comment

beg to differ on the page naming... http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/dashes-vs-underscores/

Comment

beg to differ on the page naming
                As I said in my post IMO it makes no difference. If you are suggesting that Actinic should not use underscores then put it as a wish list item and people can vote for it -although I thinks its already on the old V7 list from last year.

Comment

Kevin has even managed to reference the same blog post I introduced this topic under in early 2006
                  Bill
                  www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                  Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                  BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                  Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                  VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                  Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

ha ha great minds and all that....

anyway what are we all doing up this time of night

Comment

Working...
                    X