Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Cart - Your Thoughts

Hi there.

I've been getting my head down and working on a new cart, would love to get some feedback.

www.thelabeller.com

Thanks!

Martin

P.S - I should say, this is a live cart so please do not place orders as they will be processed! (Unless of course, you want to buy some labels)

unfortunately nothing comes up when clicking on your link!
    Lloyd Hawken
    www.nappies-direct.com

Comment

yup.

click!=website

Comment

I get directed to http://www.etiquette.co.uk/acatalog/

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

The redirect is correct. We spent a long time branding that domain and so kept the domain and put in a redirect to take care of the SEO and give some link love to the main site.

The cart is the same wherever you go. So what are everyones thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Williams
            Hi there.

I've been getting my head down and working on a new cart, would love to get some feedback.

www.thelabeller.com

Thanks!

Martin

P.S - I should say, this is a live cart so please do not place orders as they will be processed! (Unless of course, you want to buy some labels)

Which domain do you want a comment on?!
            Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
            Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

www.thelabeller.com and www.etiquette.co.uk/acatalog are identical. If there are some issues and they are not identical, please let me know! The redirect has been in place for over a week now though and no reported issues.

Anyhow - if for some reason they are not identical, please comment on www.etiquette.co.uk/acatalog

Comment

Hi Martin

It breaks for me when I go to checkout it is not finding the css or images etc.

Also getting the secure error message when I go to checkout. (see screenshot)

Regards
                Daren
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for that Daren

Can anyone help me throw any light on that because I don't have an issue on the various machines I've tested on and nothing has been reported, so I'm really confused about that

thanks,

M

Originally posted by los_design
                  Hi Martin

It breaks for me when I go to checkout it is not finding the css or images etc.

Also getting the secure error message when I go to checkout. (see screenshot)

Regards
                  Daren

Comment

Can anyone help me throw any light on that because I don't have an issue on the various machines I've tested on and nothing has been reported, so I'm really confused about that
                    its a common error that you wil lfind plenty of info on if you search the forum

BTW the url was not working this morning when you first posted, but is working now.... you might want ot investigate that if you did not do anything to correct it

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
                      its a common error that you wil lfind plenty of info on if you search the forum

BTW the url was not working this morning when you first posted, but is working now.... you might want ot investigate that if you did not do anything to correct it
                      Thanks pinbrook. Is it common for it to work on 99% of machines and not on some because this site has been tested by a lot of totally independant computers in independant locations. Initially I had issues and corrected them. I also corrected the certificate issue and thought it was done with.

Comment

Without looking too deep into your source code I would say you have some stray absolute references in there to start with (using GA urchins by chance?)

Jo states correctly, there is a mine of info relating to this.

How are you redirecting? HTML or .htaccess file? (just being nosey. )

Regards
                        Daren

Comment

Is it common for it to work on 99% of machines and not on some because this site has been tested by a lot of totally independant computers in independant locations.
                          its an error that we see often within this community. Don't forget if you ask people here to test , we know what to look for and can easily break a site in 30 secs. It could be your testers are not as savvy with Actinic as actinic users are.

Comment

Originally posted by los_design
                            Without looking too deep into your source code I would say you have some stray absolute references in there to start with (using GA urchins by chance?)

Jo states correctly, there is a mine of info relating to this.

How are you redirecting? HTML or .htaccess file? (just being nosey. )

Regards
                            Daren
                            I'm using a 301 to redirect from thelabeller to etiquette.

M

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Williams
                              I'm using a 301 to redirect from thelabeller to etiquette.

M
                              Hi M

so you have no content on one domain being pulled across?

OK check out your links and images etc...this should solve your SSL error.

HTH

Comment

Working...
                              X