Actinic not responding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic not responding

I finally managed to get my new site up and functioning. Then I decided to add a few bits and pieces, such as the Geotrust logo on the shop.html page. I had forgotten is that this caused me problems the last time I tried it. I put the geotrust code at the bottom of the left column under section links.
    <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" TYPE="text/javascript" SRC="http://smarticon.geotrust.com/si.js"></SCRIPT>
    Actinic software then refused to respond. In the end in desperation I re-installed the software. Still no joy.
    I know that last time I resolved the problem by disabling "design view", but this time I'm really stuck.
    Any suggestions would be more than welcome

Thank you

Christine
    www.wildsidebooks.co.uk

Hi Christine,

The Geotrust logo can make Actinic run very slow... Ive had a similar problem (although not as severe as Actinic totally failing to respond - however I have had to learn patience when waiting for the page to load on my local pc). Check this thread

Comment

Can you have these items on your own server so you are not waiting around so long?

Comment

probably best to put the geotrust logo that goes to geotrust for authentication only on the checkout pages, put a simple geotrust logo without underlying code on shop page

Comment

Ive always had problems with geotrust logos - i usually put the logo on the website server and do a direct link rather than use the geotrust code.

Comment

Wrap the geotrust script with a conditional block that checks if the page is in preview mode. It will then only load on the live site!

Code:
            <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsNotPreviewMode%22%20%2f%3e" >
            <script language="javascript" TYPE="text/javascript" src="http://smarticon.geotrust.com/si.js"></script>
            </actinic:block>
            Rob Williams
            Ink Cartridges
            Stinky Ink - Blog

Comment

Actinic not responding

Thank you everyone.
              It was just a case of patience, Actinic eventually revived and the offending code was removed.
              The tips on how to handle the Geotrust were appreciated.

Cheers

Chris

Comment

Working...
              X