Page Preview into IE and Firefox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Page Preview into IE and Firefox

I have some differences for some pages between IE and Firefox. So each time I changed something I need to preview on the both. My default browser is IE : is there a way to preview quickly into Firefox, without changing the default browser ?
    Thanks
    Didier
    www.supreme.fr

Yes paste the preview page location into firefox:

i.e.
    file:///C:/Program%20Files/Actinic%20v8/Sites/Site1/PreviewHTML/P_index.html

When you click the preview page button in actinic wait for it to load into internet explorer; then refresh firefox.
    Rob Williams
    Ink Cartridges
    Stinky Ink - Blog

Comment

I normally develop using firefox, there are some really clever add-ons for FireFox, including IE TAB and IE VIEW

these put a small icon in the bottom right hand corner, with a single click of the icon, the page re-loads in FireFox or IE - far better than having two browsers open.

if you want, then get the Tab Mix PLus addon, this will give you advanced tabs in the firefox - then you can open one pane in firefox, and one in IE

there was a recent thread about great addons for Firefox

theres a screen shot of both of the icons to show you what you get.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks you Kevin, but as IE is the default browser, I will use the copy and paste.
        But perhaps to add to a next Actinic version (Bruce !!) : the possibility to choose in what browser you want to have the preview, as it is possible in Dreamweaver ?
        Thanks again
        Didier
        www.supreme.fr

Comment

i second that.

however, IE is the most used web browser at the moment.

there is little point in previewing in a browser that has such a small market share at this time. you'd be alienating your customers if you did, and thats not what online business is all about, now is it?

Comment

I find the fact that actinic previews in IE quite useful, as I use FF

this way you get to see both views all the time and quickly pick up on anomolies

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
              I find the fact that actinic previews in IE quite useful, as I use FF
              Indeed.... this is often the only time I get to see the world via IE

Bikster
              SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Altho I have noticed inconsistencies between Actinic's preview and an IE-rendered preview... due to viewport sizes and suchlike... so I still don't rely solely on the preview window. I still always check everything out in both firefox and IE. The majority of my customer base are on Firefox. Different markets, different browser dominance...
                Cheers!
                Marci - <a href="http://www.Over-Clock.co.uk" target="_blank">www.Over-Clock.co.uk</a>

Comment

Originally posted by Marci
                  I still don't rely solely on the preview window.
                  No.. never do that ... Actinic adds in code to show the dotted lines etc when focussed onto a particular layout... always preview in the full external IE browser and not just the preview window.

Bikster

Comment

My clients are 70% IE and 30% Firefox. So I must consider these 30 % ! Very often, there are very small differences, but for example on my first page we have (Bill Campbell did !) to modify the css for IE. All was ok in Firefox and some images with wrong size in IE, very strange !
                    So, if Bruce see the post, put this on the whishlist for V9 !
                    Thanks
                    Didier
                    www.supreme.fr

Comment

Probably best to start your own thread in there to ensure it is seen and added ... I will add my vote for sure.

Bikster

Comment

Done (amazing : I cannot send a message with only Done, need 10 characters minimum !)
                        Didier
                        www.supreme.fr

Comment

Originally posted by stonda
                          Done (amazing : I cannot send a message with only Done, need 10 characters minimum !)
                          Doneeeeeee

Safari also seems to be cropping up more and more in site stats now...
                          Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
                          Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Have noticed that also. Opera is well out of the running after a surge last year.

Bikster

Comment

Originally posted by los_design
                              Safari also seems to be cropping up more and more in site stats now...
                              Ditto, but i put that down to the stat packages being better at recognising, rather than the uptake being larger.

Opera Schmopera - dead in the water, more on IE5 i see now.

Comment

Working...
                              X