Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Display the product thats searched for

Hi,

I have only been testing with one product within each cat. Now i have imported all the products, i have a small problem.

When i search for an item, it brings up the search results and when i click on the product, it brings up all the products on one page! How do i get it to just display the product i click on?

Cheers

URL please and an example product to test

Comment

http://www.hiltons-electrical.co.uk/acatalog/ and search for product 1492.
      You will see that two products display.

Comment

Originally posted by evolve
        http://www.hiltons-electrical.co.uk/acatalog/ and search for product 1492.
        You will see that two products display.
        only because there are 2 products in the section that your searched for product is in...and it's taken you to the product, except that it's at the top of the page already..

Have you only got 2 items listed? I couldnt find any more to test this out properly

I think you'll find, if you have 20 items on that page, it'd jump to the correct item on the page from the search results.

I'm assuming that if you only want to display the one product on the page..you'll have to set the catalogue up to single product pages.
        Tracey

Comment

Sadly i got this instead - i clicked on the result - using firefox - its a common error, but you'll need to search the forum for the solution

*******This shopping application requires permission to use cookies on your machine, but this has been denied.

This can be for several different reasons, but they are all under your control:

- you may have disallowed cookies altogether in your browser

- you may have the privacy policy in your browser or internet security software/firewall set to a level that stops cookies from being used by this shopping site

Cookies in this shopping application are used to keep track of your cart contents, remember names and addresses when you ask for them to be remembered and, when relevant, keep you logged on.

Cookies are not used in any way that abuses your privacy or security.

Please change your settings to allow cookies either in your browser or firewall. If you choose not to, I'm afraid that we cannot complete your request.

Please click here to return to the catalog. *******

i clicked on the result

Comment

Hi Tracey

Yeah i just want one product on one page. I have to import all my products on a spreadsheet. So if i want to have them on separate pages how would i do that?

Cheers
            Kim

Comment

Setup single products per page, it has been detailed and discussed many times on the forum. Try a search to get all the info you could possibly need.

Comment

not only that, but the catchphrase 'turning businesses on' is pervy.

i suggest the phrase: 'switching business on'

makes me think of horny secretaries, lols

Comment

weirdly, I got that same "cookies" notice when I was on my own site this morning..
                  in IE7...testing something out..went to add to cart and got that error.
                  Went back..tried it again..all worked fine

Freaked me out momentarily though!
                  Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by gabrielcrowe
                    not only that, but the catchphrase 'turning businesses on' is pervy.

i suggest the phrase: 'switching business on'

makes me think of horny secretaries, lols
                    LOL

'tis true though
                    Tracey

Comment

Thanks guys for the advice... but i have searched before i posted and couldnt find anything. I may be a bit slow today.
                      I have the main cat. -> then i have the section -> then the product/another subsection. But i need all the products under the section when it comes to searching?

Cheers

Comment

Never mind... the mist has cleared....

Comment

Working...
                        X