Volumetric Shipping ETC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volumetric Shipping ETC

The new shipping module in V8 is good, been a while coming...

One small issue with it, for a surcharge to apply to a product this is fine and you can set it to apply once only, we can use that for shipping charges per say for different warehouses, however you seem to have to use a shipping model linked to the number of products (per item) to make groups of products. A per item charge will not work for most people...

Example of our needs; we have multiple suppliers in the UK and operate as such a drop ship system, each site could send out multiple items of very different weights. There's no way to group each product and then apply a weight or any other type of shipping calculation other than per item..., we need to be able to group each product category and then calculate the shipping charge based upon our preferences.

Wish list or anyone got a solution I haven't thought of?

You can create the group(s), and artificially inflate the weight(s) of the items from each supplier to produce the correct charges.

Although I think most of us use weight to calculate our charges, I don't know anyone who uses real physical weight.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
    X