B2B existing addresses - what controls the width

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B2B existing addresses - what controls the width

I have a site where main content is restricted to 535 pixel width, but the checkout is being corrupted by the existing address display in checkout (order 02 bulk area).

Anyone know where I can get control of this layout?

I know the data comes from the online XML file that holds login and buyer data, and I thought the table at line 40 in Order 02 Bulk Area might be the layout, but client reports an amendment to that line has no effect.

TIA
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Hi Bill

It's these two lines you need to change:
    Code:
    <TABLE WIDTH=<actinic:variable name="ACTSTDWIDTH" /> BORDER=0 CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=1 BGCOLOR=%s><TR><TD>
    <TABLE WIDTH=100%% BORDER=0 CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=4 BGCOLOR=%s>
    Lines 39 & 40 in the 'Delivery Address Fields' layout.

Comment

Yep, that's the two that I have amended - both are set to 535 width, client tells me it makes no difference.

Interesting, wonder if it's a cacheing problem? I'll check and revert.
      Bill

Comment

OK, after repeated testing I am ale to replicate the client's problem

Steps required:
        Place an order selecting to have seperate invoice and delivery addresses.
        [edit]At the top of the delivery address input table tick the save this address checkbox[end edit]
        Select the remember me option.
        Complete the order and leave the site.

Return to site and place a new order, again selecting to have seperate invoice and delivery addresses.

The resulting online code is

Code:
        <!-- Address Book --><TABLE WIDTH="600" CELLSPACING="0" CELLPADDING="0" BORDER="1"><TR><TD>
        Where is that table width coming from - it's not lines 39 and 40 of delivery address.
        Last edited by wjcampbe; 10-Jul-2007, 01:56 PM. Reason: missed a checkbox step
        Bill

Comment

This one is down to a hideous bit of coding in ActinicAddressBook.pm

If you open this in Notepad and search for '600' you'll find this code:
          Code:
          WIDTH       => "600",
          BORDER      => "1" ,
          CELLSPACING => "0" ,
          CELLPADDING => "0" ,
          You can replace '600' with '100%' or whatever you want your width to be.

I'm afraid this coding dates from a dark time when we had some really odd people working for us. I'll get this added to the knowledge base, and recommend it is updated asap.

Comment

Thanks Bill and Chris. I have changed the value to 550, and it works perfectly well.
            Not easy to find !!!
            Didier
            www.supreme.fr

Comment

B2B Addresses 2010

Originally posted by cdicken View Post
              This one is down to a hideous bit of coding in ActinicAddressBook.pm

If you open this in Notepad and search for '600' you'll find this code:
              Code:
              WIDTH       => "600",
              BORDER      => "1" ,
              CELLSPACING => "0" ,
              CELLPADDING => "0" ,
              You can replace '600' with '100%' or whatever you want your width to be.

I'm afraid this coding dates from a dark time when we had some really odd people working for us. I'll get this added to the knowledge base, and recommend it is updated asap.
              3 years have passed and I still have to edit the pearl script to change the layout of this table. Seriously? D-OH!

Comment

I suppose you could always upgrade.
                Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Upgrade? I am on version 9, which is still using the pearl script written in October 1999! There is a big chance version 10 is also running it :P

Also, since we are on it. How on earth can I change the colour of this dreadful table? It's all covered in %s variables, and if I change or remove anything it breaks everything.

This is the most frustrating bit of stylying I have encountered so far. Who puts colors in scripts!? What does that have to do with enything?

That's how things were ion 1999 but I believe it's 2010. Any advice?

Comment

Ah, I assumed you were on v8. Since this thread is in the v8 section.
                    Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Unfortunately this area of Actinic hasn't changed to my knowledge. In v10 the table is still coded the same in the perl script.

Comment

Working...
                      X