Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CSS not working properly!

Hello Everyone!

I have laid out my design in Dreamweaver using a mixture of CSS and tables. When I have imported my design in Actinic some of the CSS properties are not showing correctly. For instance, on my INNERLAYOUT section, I had set the padding to 10px left - this is showwing correctly. In the same CSS class I also set the font type, size, colour, line height, justification etc. None of these things are showing up.

Is there a simple way round this?

Thanks!

Cammy.

Is the actinic.css defined after your stylesheet, so overriding your settings?

Comment

My style sheet is the last one, right above the closing head tag.

Comment

Ok I don't know if this is correct, but I seem to now have changed the style sheet so it is showing all of my styles, by going to: site options - properties - stylesheet layout. I then changed it to my external layout.

Is this going to cause problems?

Comment

YES.......

Comment

Ok I've changed the site options back to how they were before and will keep trying to figure out this problem.

Thanks
            x

Comment

It won't cause a problem if you copy the whole of the actinic.css file into your own css file and then solely point to your css file, i just don't like the approach basically. You need to reference the actinic.css as there are many styles defined within, to stop pointing to those, you will need to add your own etc.

Create an external html design and css file, store them in the site1 folder and then register the design with actinic, you will never have a problem doing it this way, at least i haven't on many different occasions.

Stray from that = expect problems.

Comment

when you are using multiple sheets, ensure that no styles collide.

personally, i'd strip the actinic.css bare and start again. its a lot of work, but you ensure that no styles are conflicting.

this also gets rid of the pants css they give you.

if you're really set on using your own css, use actinics 'add extra files' bit to upload it, and then reference it

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/cascade.html#at-import

how about the @import?

Comment

Hello!

Thanks for both of your advice!

Gabriel I have now tried the import style sheet, placing it right above the closing head tag, still doesn't work! Typical my luck that something so simple turns in to a big hoohah!

What surprises me is that all the other styles work correctly, everything except the font colour and size for the main body. I've even tried adding the font specifications to the main html page I created in dreamweaver and it still doesn't work!

I guess I am going to have a go at the actinic.css file!

Thanks once again!

Clare

Comment

Working...
                  X