V7 catalogue import to V8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V7 catalogue import to V8

I am hoping somebody can give me some advice...

I have a new V8 site and would like to import all of the products, sections and fragments from a V7 site into this V8 site.

I have exported a csv file from V7 but when I come to import to V8 there are many fields which don't automap. Is there a v7 to V8 field mapping table???

Would a better approach be to upgrade the the V7 site to V8, export the catalogue to csv and then import to my new V8 site??

Presumably the upgrade route would be be import a v7 snapshot into V8 and - bob's yer uncle???

Thanks in advance

Ben

Sounds like a good approach to me if you can get the import to work, as many of us have experienced a problem with fragment imports, which just trash basically.

If it was me, i would import a V7 snapshot into V8, apply a new theme and then redesign that, either by theme or external design. I don't pee around with exports too often, they have sharp teeth and often bite. I prefer to get all into V8 and then design the store.

At least that's how i have very few problems with V8.

Good luck.

Comment

Cheers Lee

In hind sight I probably should have upgraded the v7 site to v8 and then redesigned as you suggest, but as I did not design the v7 site I did not know what 'issues' this would bring across.

I will try to upgrade v7 to V8, export catalogue and import to my new V8 site unless anybody has any other suggestions?

With over 1000 fragments I hope they come across!!!!

Comment

Hmm you have done it a bit arse upwards, but all is not lost. If you go into the design library on your v8 store, select to highlight the amended layouts and then pay attention to anywhere the asterisk appears. These are the layouts you have adjusted, copy them into text files outside of actinic, upgrade the v7 site and then paste in the contents of the text files. That way you have actinic upgrading and getting the fragments in, but you still use your design.

If you have 1000 fragments, trust me let actinic upgrade it, do not try and import them, i do not have enough hankies for you.

Comment

Working...
        X