X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Files Actinic cannot find on the computer

Hi!

While uploading the site I came across this error:

While Actinic was generating your store pages, it found that some of your layouts contain links to files that Actinic cannot find on your computer. This is usually because you have set up a link to work at your website, but the link won't work in preview mode.

Usually, you can ignore this message and the store will work fine - but it is worth doing a thorough check of all the links and images on your site, to ensure that everything is working correctly.

Is there a way to find out which files it is referring to? As I have only really begun on the site and don't want errors like this to be cropping up all the time.

Many thanks.

Maff.

are alll of your images located within the site 1 folder ?

if not this is why you are getting this error as any file that you use in actinic not located within the site 1 folder cannot be backed up within the site snapshot
    David Mawson
    Phoenix Trading

http://www.sweetswholesale.co.uk - Wholesale confectionery suppliers

Comment

Do you have full path url links? Actinic will not find http:// mysite.com/acatalog/mypdffile.pdf [deliberate space to prevent the forum creating a link] on your computer, but it still demonstrates a perfectly valid link.
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

I have checked everything I can think of and all the images are within the site folder. Is there nothing else that could be the cause?

I have recebntly embeded a SWF file (but again, the file resides in the site folder).

Thank you.

Comment

If you are concerned by it, then include anything that could be causing it, into additional files - swf file being a prime example.

Comment

As Bill says, if there are any full url paths/links then you're telling actinic that the file is on the server rather than the PC. This applies to all files/webpages so any full urls will throw up this error.

Try doing a snapshot as I believe actinic will then produce a list of the files it can't include.

Mike
            -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
            X