Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to make use of my hosting company's shared SSL service

Hi -

Brand new Catalog v8 store at www.worthydeals.co.uk (just the Actinic sample store at the moment).

Using PayPal Website Payments Pro as the online payment processor.

Question: How do I make use of the shared SSL service that my hosting company provides in order to make my Checkout pages and Login secure? Hosting company tell me that every page on the website can be reached either by using http://www.worthydeals.co.uk or https://linux1.nshosts.com/worthydeals This appears true.

Do I make use of this shared SSL service by selecting under Settings | Business Settings | Payment and Security' - highlight 'Credit card details captured for later processing' - click the 'Configure' button and in the screen that opens select 'Shared SSL'
    -- OR --
    Do I ignore this, and check the 'SSL' option at the bottom of the 'Business Settings | Payment and Security' screen, and then on the 'Configure SSL Settings' button, which adds the 'SSL' tab to my 'Network Settings', and then enter my https path into the relevant fields there?

Currently have the site set up the first way, but Checkout only results in an ERROR '404' page, with the address in the browser being https://linux1.nshosts.com/worthydea...in/sp000001.pl which is very odd, because when I FTP to the site, and look in the cgi-bin, I cannot see any 'sp000001.pl' script in there.

Any help on this would be mightily appreciated!

Originally posted by worthydealer
    check the 'SSL' option at the bottom of the 'Business Settings | Payment and Security' screen, and then on the 'Configure SSL Settings' button, which adds the 'SSL' tab to my 'Network Settings', and then enter my https path into the relevant fields there?
    This is what you'll need to do. If you haven't done so already, search for your host on the forum - you may find the setting you need otherwise post your network settings (with userid and password blanked) and the name of your host and someone might be able to help you.

BTW - you've posted this in the wrong forum. It should be here

HTH

Comment

Currently Actinic's own shared SSL is the only SSL correctly configured to work with the partial Paypal Pro integration.

Use Actinic Shared SSL or drop back to ordinary Paypal.
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

it should work if you have your own dedicated cert too. It just does not work with any other flavour of shared except actinic shared

Comment

Why is this? What's different vetween Actinics shared SSL and other hosts' shared SSL?

Comment

Actinic made configuration changes in the certificate application to accommodate PPP requirements. You *might* stumble over a host whose stock offering just happens to have the right settings, but it would be a case of 5000 monkeys.
            Bill
            www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
            Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
            BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
            Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
            VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
            Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Hi - original poster of this thread here.

This discussion is interesting - BUT VERY CONFUSING!!

Why?

Because Actinic Technical Support have told me:

" ... the 'Actinic Shared SSL' service is a proprietary service designed to replace the 'Actinic In-built encryption' method for vendors whose customers do not allow Java.

Using the 'Actinic Shared SSL' service the customer is transferred from your site to one of Actinic's secure servers, where the customer will enter their card details. This is then encrypted and passed back to your server, for you to download with the order and pass through your normal epos terminal."

So that's what TS have told me the 'Actinic Shared SSL' service is for, not for PayPal WPP. So they have told me 'Actinic Shared SSL' is not relevant for my needs.

Comment

When everybody talks about the 'Actinic Shared SSL' service, we are all talking about the service that Actinic provides that costs £100 a year, aren't we?

Comment

we are all talking about the service that Actinic provides that costs £100 a year, aren't we?
                  yes we are

Comment

Working...
                  X