Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

css questions for colours/borders

Evening/morning all
    I am gradually mastering my newfound css skills ('skills' maybe pushing it) but have come unstuck. any idea which bit of the stylesheet css controls the borders/colours on the attached images?
    Is there an easy way for me to find this out myself without pestering the community

thanks again
    Simon
    Attached Files
    Simon Bridges
    Alex Reade World of Motosport
    http://www.alexreade.net

Simon, download yourself Firefox and the web developer add-on, you can then select specific areas on your site and see the styles being applied. You can ever change things there to see what they do and then go back into actinic and repeat the changes, it's kind of a live update/design facility and it's awesome.

Comment

or again using firefox, you select the code ie the images you want to interrogate, right click "View partal source" you ca n then see the css classes that are doing the styling

OR

within actinic in preview mode you look at the code, then right click on the style and use the context menu to "find in actinic style sheet" then edit the style

Comment

Awesome, I have been using firefox for a while without knowing it's true abilities. thanks yet again to Lee and Jo. Nice to see I am not the only one up at 1am or starting at 7am. Oh the dedication......

By the way Jo I have posted the how to on header logos and background colours as requested. Nice to give something back for a change as sometimes I feel it's all take take take!

Thanks

Simon
        Simon Bridges
        Alex Reade World of Motosport
        http://www.alexreade.net

Comment

There is also a web developer toolbar for IE that can also be useful. (although not as feature rich nor as easy to use)
          http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Comment

mr grounding, stow your tounge, thats heresy. use IE to develop pages?

pff!

without knowing it's true abilities
            my firefox can find lost car keys and make toast. also, i recommend that which was recommended to me, by none other than ms pinbrook herself:

firebug plugin

quite literally, a web developers best friend.

Comment

Just added firebug - very neat. Coupled with the dev tb thats got to be a winning combo.

PS - slip of the tongue mentioning IE in the presence of you Gabs - hope you recover soon.

Comment

By the way Jo I have posted the how to on header logos and background colours as requested. Nice to give something back for a change as sometimes I feel it's all take take take!
                Cheers Simon, i've added it to the KB thread

Comment

i recommend that which was recommended to me, by none other than ms pinbrook herself
                  W00t! I feel special now....

Comment

Working...
                  X