Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hiding a section in a catalog

Hi,

I would like to hide a section within a catalog so it doesn't appear as an item in the catalog sections list.

However, I would like to link to the section via a button elsewhere on the site.

I went into the catalog section and put a tick in "hide on website". I then tried to link to the page, however it seems that when you put a tick in the box, it doesn't actually upload the page.

Is there anyway to do this?

Thanks
    Andy

Depending on the theme in place will decide upon the exact implementation but in essence create a new variable to be set at the section level and test this variable with a Block if around the navigation to only show if the variable is not true (ie all other sections but not the one to hide when it is true)

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

That makes sense, I will give it a try.

Thanks
      Andy

Comment

Hi,

I couldn't get to work, I am using the executive theme. If you have any further pointers please let me know.

Thanks
        Andy

Comment

If you can post what you did someone should be able to take a look and see if anything obvious has been missed. It does work as I am currently doing this on a site to aid the main navigation depending on the section the user is in at the time.

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Hi jont

I actually fixed it :-) It would help if I spelt the Section Name correctly in my condition. Once I spelt it correctly all worked fine.

Thanks for your pointers and advice.

Andy

Comment

Working...
            X