Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whoa! coding error...innerlayout out of context?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whoa! coding error...innerlayout out of context?

About every other time I upload, I get a coding error.
    I usually click to ignore it but when I don't, and I double click it to find out what it is...it takes me to "Term & conditions pop up page" (which we don't use ) and tells me that "innerlayout" is used out of context.

Then it throws a hissy fit...starts flashing a zillion runtime errors at me (which I don't get chance to read) and closes Actinic.

(This is business 8.5.1 HFUA btw)

If I upload ignoring the coding errors..the site works ok. And if I run a "check coding errors" through the design menu..it doesn't find anything

I'd ignore it but it means I can't leave it to upload because it (only sometimes) flashes this coding error at me which I need to bypass

Failing that..can I
    a) delete the "innerlayout" from the layout in question because we don't use it anyway or
    b) delete the layout?

or c??

OK...editted to say...runtime error is "R625.. pure function call something-or-another" and it did just pick up the error in a "check coding errors" from the design tab this time.

Damn thing
    Tracey

c. Reset the layout

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I did that already, jont..sorry, should have said
      It's something I did last night so I'd forgotten about it seeing as I'd updated the website several times today without getting any coding errors

Just did it again anyway...didn't help

It's the "Terms and conditions pop up page" layout that's doing it...sometimes! But what I don't understand is that we're not even using it
      Tracey

Comment

d. ignore it.

There is the assumption the coding warning is correct - this is not always the case

I have a warning that appears .. I reenter the code exactly the same way and it disappears for a few days and then arises again! Bonkers.

Bikster

Comment

that's what I'm thinking.
          It's just a PITA when uploading because I'm having to click through it each time.
          I'm thinking there should be a setting somewhere to "ignore coding errors on upload" or something!
          Tracey

Comment

and just to prove the point...

Went into the affected T&C layout...deleted innerlayout...inserted it again..ran coding check... NO errors!

Oh well, at least it should upload without interrupting me for a day or two (perhaps!)
            Tracey

Comment

T

Had the same problems when i 1st went to V8, it was a problem with the upgraded layouts, I setup/licensed a new site copied the code and pasted it back to my live site.

D

Comment

Upcoming product snapshot gonna be a diamond feature me thinks.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
                  Upcoming product snapshot gonna be a diamond feature me thinks.
                  What have I missed now?

Bikster

Comment

Originally posted by jont
                    What have I missed now?
                    You me both J

Comment

Working...
                    X