Automatic E-mails not sending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automatic E-mails not sending

I have a problem where e-mails are not sending automatically.

For some reason my customers are no longer receiving an automatic order received e-mail.

When I complete an order they no longer receive an order shipped e-mail.

My business settings are set so that the send receipt e-mail box is ticked and on one step completion the send order shipped tick box is clicked.

For some reason the order shipped e-mails are getting stored in the e-mail list with operations and can be sent from here to the customer if I choose send or send all.

The problem therefore is not with the e-mail settings in actinic as this all works correctly it is that the software is not automatically sending the e-mails!
    PagesDIY.com

UK Online DIY Store - Tools, Locks & DIY Products

this has been discussed before..let me see if I can find the thread.
    I don't think it was resolved though

editted to add link
    http://community.actinic.com/showthr...ight=one+click

it was raised as an issue by someone on this thread above...but no solution was posted here.
    Perhaps you could take it up with support as well?
    Tracey

Comment

E-mail issues

For some reason my customers have stopped receiving order received e-mails and order shipped e-mails. This all worked fine and has completely stopped.

I still get an e-mail advising me that an order is ready to download but on trying to send order shipped e-mails etc. I get the following message:

Failed to communicate with the SMTP server.

Possible Cause:
      1. Network transmission problems.
      2. Could have Changed the SMTP Server settings, but not Uploaded after that.

Recommendation:
      1. Retry
      2. Upload the Site First, if you have changed the SMTP Server Settings.

This all worked fine previously and I haven't changed any settings?
      PagesDIY.com

Comment

Chris,

This usually means a change has occured server side, would be best to contact your host with this issue. What do you use for the 'SMTP Server' address in Actinic? If you are not using 'localhost' have you tried your settings with that in for the 'SMTP server'?

Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Actinic Generated E-mails not working

I have had the same problem with automatically generated e-mails not sending for over 2 months (previously posted on here about this in July) despite many calls and e-mails to actinic support / my host company.

Actinic support tell me it is a problem with my host and my host company are telling me that it is a problem with the software so I'm just going around in circles. On top of that customers are continually e-mailing to find out if I have received their orders as they aren't receiving a confirmation e-mail.

My SMTP is localhost without a username and password and automatically generated e-mails used to work fine.

On completion of orders I am now regularly getting corresponding e-mails into my outlook inbox saying 'delivery status notification (delay)' and then a bit later 'delivery status notification (failure)'. Previously I was getting a message saying failed to communicate with SMTP server (see above) but now the e-mails are actually sending out but fail to get to the recipient.

I receive the e-mail into my inbox saying that there is an order to download and my colleague sometimes gets a copy of the invoice into her inbox as we've set it up to send a copy of orders to her machine. It seems that e-mails can send within the same domain as she gets copy e-mails (but not always) but can't be sent to addresses outside the domain?!

This is causing real problems to the efficiency of our store, giving me a major headache but also makes the store appear unprofessional as web shoppers expect a e-mail receipt for their order and order shipped e-mail. It makes me wonder how many return customers are put off coming back to or recommending our site due to poor service?
          PagesDIY.com

Comment

Can your Host provide you with a SMTP server address other than 'localhost' in that case. You most probably are getting these errors because you require authentication to be able to send mails.

Kind regards,
            Bruce King
            SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
            X