Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you have the Merge Request error...

Msg = "An error occurred while sending the merge request"

I've been getting this error on a "test" site I've been playing with using a trial version of v8.

A bit of trial and error pointed it to the fact it only happened while I had the HTML folder "protected" (i.e. with .htaccess).

I had searched the forums, and if anyone had mentioned it before I couldn't find it, so thought I'd mention it in case anyone else was stumbling around!

Thanks Mark
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

You can also be prevented from uploading your website if you use password protection with htaccess

Comment

Fortunately it didn't seem to do anything other than generate the merge message - uploads seemed to go through.

I wanted to password protect the whole HTML folder just so that I could test a trial site without the worry I would be faced with a member of the public demanding I supply the "ACME Widget" as per their order!

Comment

Merge Request Error

I just started to get this message error today..After my hussle of getting my Hosting Service Provider to get the specs right for my folder and uploading it to a state that it works well, I wanted some changes done, so I did those changes to some perl scripts plus to my site.

I uploaded fine, until yesterday, when I started getting the error

"An error occured while sending the merge request"

Now my site is not working, and have been trying to resolve this problem for the past two days..

Help Needed..

Comment

Try your network test again and check for errors first.
            The merge error can occur if the script times out or cannot run.

There's lots of other forum posts about merge request error search and see if these help you.

Comment

The solution that works for me, is to compact my database and completely refresh my website.

This solution is mentioned on almost every post where the Merge Error has been queried.

It worked for me. It worked for them. So it will most probably work for you.
              "Opportunities multiply as they are seized." - Sun Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by JSnow
                The solution that works for me, is to compact my database and completely refresh my website.

This solution is mentioned on almost every post where the Merge Error has been queried.

It worked for me. It worked for them. So it will most probably work for you.
                Won't work for me, so I'm pretty stuffed.
                LoveLingerieOnline - Sexy lingerie and great prices.
                SJS Band Music - Cheap Brass band sountracks.
                Ovalworld - All your wallpaper and painting needs.
                Yew Tree Garden Centre - Cheap teak furniture and more.

Want a website like this? Visit Tinlegs.

Comment

Lee what server you on windows or unix/linux

Comment

Lee have you checked the permissions of you cgi-bin

these should be 755, you may need to change these manually. using an ftp program, filezilla is good,

Im not saying this will fix it but it can also be another cause for merge request failures. Not sure if you have already tried it.

D

Comment

Working...
                    X