Error '500 Read Timeout' at Checkout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error '500 Read Timeout' at Checkout

I have just started using Actinic v8 for a new site.

Everything seems to work correctly until I place a test order at the checkout.

When I have typed in my credit card details and press 'Next' the screen loads for about 5 minuites and then the following error message comes up and I don't get a receipt

"An error occurred while recording your order. Try again or press "<Back" to select a different payment method or press "Cancel" and contact us with your order details. The error was: 500 read timeout"

I am using an Internetters Shared SSL.

I can even download the order but my customers would never get a receipt.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks

Steve

Have you tried it without SSL? That'd be the first check I think.
    And presumably your network test passes OK?

Comment

My Test is now actually failing.

I am getting the folowing error message

"The test script failed to execute on the web server. The error could be caused by several things. Check the path to the Perl shell, the CGI script extension, the path to CGI-BIN, and the CGI-BIN URL. This error could also occur if your web site is out of disk space or your web server is not configured to accept POSTs to CGI scripts."

Thanks

Steve

Comment

Take a look in the upload problems forum for similar settings to yours. If you find nothing that helps then start a new thread there and post your network settings (sans passwords and usernames) together with theh name of your host and the hosting package you are using and someone may be able to help.

Comment

Has it ever worked with internetters shared SSL?

if this is the case revert to non SSL and upload and test. If this works go back to SSL if this fails then shared SSL is the issue.

Alot of shared SSL services are not configured to work with Actinic, thus 5 choices

1 use actinic shared SSL
          2 buy a dedicated SSL cert from internetters (if they sell them)
          3 move host to either one that will work with their proprietry shared SSL
          4 move host to one that will sell you a dedicated SSL
          5 use another secure method of taking payment

Comment

Working...
          X