Disabling choice of payment method

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disabling choice of payment method

We have a shop set up where cash customers are expected to pay using a credit card, or account customers should log in and are then expected to pay on account.

Currently either type of customer can select the 'wrong' payment method if they're stupid enough ... both customer types default to the correct payment method, but I want to hide the drop-down box so they can't choose the wrong payment method ... this drop-down is in the layout for 'Checkout page 2' ... the display is controlled by a 'block if' where the condition is 'paymentprompt000visible = TRUE' so I guess I need to change the default state of this variable, but where do I find it and how do I do it ( or is there a better way ) ?

Thanks in advance, Alan

If 'Payment on Account' is the default method for your customer groups, then go into 'Business Settings | Payment & Security' against 'Payment on account' select the checkbox for 'Limit to Defined Customers'. Apply and update the store. Your retail customers should no longer see 'Payment on Account' as an option. Your account customers will still see both options though.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
    X