Duplicated Page Names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicated Page Names

I thought there was a thread on this already but unable to find (I did look Lee, honestly)

Added a new subsection called stormhoek-siren.... the page name duly became stormhoek-siren.html .. back under the section name the name was modified to be more user friendly as Stormhoek Siren

In the content tree the newly created section and the one above then showed:

Leuwenkop [shop.html]
    Stormhoek Siren [shop.html]

This is as well as having the main catalog page as shop.html.

Screen grab shows the section names and page names along with what is actually displaying in the page name field.

The 3 sections beneath correctly show the section name and their html page name in the content tree eg: Simonsig [simonsig.html]

How, why? Is there a icon for crying?

MS8.5.0
    XP Pro SP2
    Dual Core
    2gb RAM
    Derbyshire (in case it is a regional installation issue)
    Overcast with a light breeze (in case it is atmospheric issues)
    Attached Files

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

I think you were referring to this http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=31550

Regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

dare I ask...have you tried compacting your databases and/or restarting your software?

(only because I had a similar thing happen on jesters the other day and it miraculously "vanished" when I did)
      Tracey

Comment

bug-tacular.

tested, and jont is right.

the user should not be able to do this. it should tell them immidiately as they type.

Comment

ooh..and while my restart did "fix" it in appearance...if I click on the section..it then reverts back to showing the wrong page name again.
          Although it's not uploading with this name

ETS...compacting the database did fix it properly..but it's a bit of a song and dance, innit?
          Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by budgetbumps
            dare I ask...have you tried compacting your databases and/or restarting your software?
            I even rebooted the wall clock AND the CCTV but to no avail

My ACD is with Actinic as I have another thread where I am unable to create a new section - which is a little bit limiting to say the least - it is poorly sick

Bikster

Comment

did you try bribing it with chocolate?

it'd work for me

seriously though...I can replicate it (well, I already had) but my compact "fixed" it again.
              methinks you really do have an ailing copy, eh?
              Maybe you don't talk nicely enough to it
              Tracey

Comment

I am too bloody nice to it - that's my problem - need to get angry and let it know who the boss is ... gaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Bikster

Comment

Bug reported on this one and I have added 3 field reports on it.

Kind regards,
                  Bruce King
                  SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                  X