P_P_Index.html and how to edit it in Dreamweaver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P_P_Index.html and how to edit it in Dreamweaver

Hi, have been getting on great guns, thanks to all the help you guys have been giving me. But now i am stuck.

Every time i edit the Index.html page in Dreamweaver and save it back, Actinic just creates another with a P_ in front and reverts back to the original formating, so the home page never looks the way i want it to. This also happens with two other pages with Fragments in and i cant seem to find a way of sending the Fragment text over to DW to format that.

Is this something that can be done?

keith

Files with a prefix of 'P_' are created by Actinic for Previewing. You cannot edit pages that have already been created by Actiinic; you need to edit the layouts that are used by Actinic to create the pages.

In Actinic you can select the layout you want to view/edit in DW by selecting it in Design View and then clicking the 'Edit Layout in Dreamweaver' button at the bottom of the code view window pane.

Comment

Thanks Duncan, am ok with that part, but cant seem to find a way of getting the fragment into dreamweaver to edit. My only solution thus far has been to write the code i want in DW and then cut and past it into the fragment body.

Is that the only real way of doing it or is there another way?
      Keith

Comment

Cutting and pasting - that's what I would do. I though you were referring to the fragment layout rather than the content- the content of the fragment cann't be clicked through to DW (although might be good as a wish list item). You can zoom the window which makes editing it a little easier but that's all.

Comment

My only solution thus far has been to write the code i want in DW and then cut and past it into the fragment body.
          thats my MO too

Comment

Thanks Guys, it works OK, i have no real issues with it, learning to use Actinic and DW in 30 days, Need Coffee, Need Sleep.

Thanks for all the help, the site is looking good and should be ready for critical aclaim????? within the month.

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
            X