Locatino of Sites Folder Redux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Locatino of Sites Folder Redux

if i am understanding this correctly, snapshots created with my copy of developer - upgraded from 8.0.4 to 8.5.1 will not import into a freshly installed 8.5.1 machine where the sites directory is in my documents.

i tried this late last week and the snapshot just hung.

what's the solution? and how do i deal with new customers who will do a fresh install?
    Last edited by advwebsys; 23-Jul-2007, 08:06 PM. Reason: Typo in Title
    David Camm
    President
    Advanced Web Systems
    Keller, TX

David,

This should not be an issue for you if you are importing snapshots. Does this still happen for you?

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

it WAS until this customer uninstalled, then did a fresh install opting to place the site1 directory in program_files.

my concern is that i maintain catalogs for (a) one customer who is currently running 8.0 on vista and (b) there are several customers i want to upgrade from v7 to v8.

additionally, even though importing the snapshot was successful, offline preview does not show the layout changes i made in the imported file, nor does it show the custom buttons we designed. however, when i look at the catalog on my workstation, they DO show.
      David Camm
      President
      Advanced Web Systems
      Keller, TX

Comment

and some new info.....

i had the customer do a site preview and send me the html source for one of the documents.

the preview document is in site1\previewHTML and all links to images start with src="../ referencing the site1 directory as they should.

all of the other images on the page (his logo, etc) show up in the preview but the nav buttons DO NOT, even though they too have src tags starting with ../

i don't want to upload the site (2000+ products) to test it out.

NFI (no idea) what's going on here......
        David Camm
        President
        Advanced Web Systems
        Keller, TX

Comment

Working...
        X