Import website into Actinic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Import website into Actinic

Hello. I am looking to import my entire website into Actinic V8. This would - I am led to believe - make producing a 'Latest Items' section alot easier. The problem is, I don't know how to add the existing html/javascript/css/flash files into Actinic so Actinic controls them - I was informed several weeks ago by another Actinic member that this is possible. I'm just not sure how - can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thank you

You would be best of running through the design part of the getting started guide to get an intro to incorporating your own design into actinic.

Then search the commumity as there are loads of posts on how to embed HTML, how to use ActinicStyleSheet, incorporate flash and so on

Comment

Hello, thanks for your reply.

I have read over the Getting Started guide, particularly the Design section - but am still none-the-wiser in importing the outstanding html files into Actinic. Is it an easy procedure, or does it more-or-less require the whole site to be redone? I already have all the necessary files for the site, I just need to import them into Actinic as I am led to believe this is the easiest way to create an automatic 'Latest Products' section on our homepage - can you clarify this?

Thanks

Comment

if you are talking about bringing a design over then you will need to create an outerlayout for brochure pages, or use the same layout for product and brochure pages

then create fragments for the actual page contect

Comment

Hi there, thanks for your answer.

Now it appears I'm getting somewhere

The newly developed site can be found at http://www.grantglendinning.co.uk/CG...ocs/index.html

This is to replace www.cupargardencentre.co.uk - the actual Actinic part of the site is found at www.cupargardencentre.co.uk/acatalog/shop.html

So basically I have all the files for the www.grantglen... link, which we want to import into Actinic so that they are controlled by Actinic, then we delete the current files occupying index.html at www.cupargardencentre.co.uk - does that make sense?

From your answer, I gather we do not want to use the same layout - as although it is rather similar, some parts are different - left/right/footer columns are not present in the Actinic 'Cool Mint' theme which the brochure pages use - so I can only assume I need to "create an outerlayout for brochure pages" - but, the big problem here is, I have no idea how to do that - any pointers on that?

Thank you

Comment

From your answer, I gather we do not want to use the same layout - as although it is rather similar, some parts are different - left/right/footer columns are not present in the Actinic 'Cool Mint' theme which the brochure pages use - so I can only assume I need to "create an outerlayout for brochure pages" - but, the big problem here is, I have no idea how to do that - any pointers on that?
            If you have the design you want to use as a html page, open it with Dreamweaver. Now you should see the 'Actinic' menu, click on it and from the drop-down select 'Register a Design with Actinic'. This should produce a list of areas that you can choose to use the design in, select 'Brochure', then give the design a name. That should get it over for you.

Kind regards,
            Bruce King
            SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
            X