Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only Allowing One Address Per Order

Hi,

On the "Only Allowing One Address Per Order" page in the help file, it claims you must do the following:

"2. In 'Business Settings | Payment and Security' ensure you do not have 'Limited by Location' checked for any payment method."

Why is this required? It is necessary for me to keep this option, so I would like to circumvent this requirement if possible.

Thanks

Jonathan,

That is suggested as making those changes, through to step 4 will behave in very much the same way as the limit by location in only offering the select shipping destinations.

If you however require the limit by location, you can try circumventing it, but I cannot assure you it will work the way you want it to.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce
      That is suggested as making those changes, through to step 4 will behave in very much the same way as the limit by location in only offering the select shipping destinations.
      OK, but I can't see how I can restrict different payment methods to only certain selected countries this way - it looks like all you can do is prevent a country from being shipped to at all?

Thanks

jmc200

Comment

Jonathan,

If you tick the Limited by Location box then a ‘Select Invoice Location’ drop-down list will appear in the first page of the online checkout. This will be in addition to the ‘Select Shipping Destination’ drop-down list that is there if you are using shipping calculation. Hence the suggestion to not use 'Limited by Location' when using the work around for 'Only allowing one address Per order'.

Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Ok, thanks very much.

For the record, what I've tried is to comment out the "check here if addresses are different" checkbox, and then changed the "addresses are different, tick the checkbox" error accordingly. It seems to be working fine, although it does mean you have to enter the country twice.

jmc200

Comment

Working...
          X