Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the network wizard is utterly pathetic

the title says it all.

it tries so hard to auto configure my details. and fails. miserbly. i'v even had this one wth support and i got some half assed 'i'll get back to you'. no emails

i have a thread over on one of the forums that no one reads, with this problem, so i thought i'd start a duplicate thread, becasue i'm a bítch. SOMEONE on the actinic programming team needs to give me a response as to why actinic does this. i want to know exactly how and why this error will not let me continue the wizard. when a new site does.

this means that your wizard does not 'start with new settings' when you tick that box at all, does it?

I have a shop running in V7 fine, all network tests passed.

I import the V7 into a V8 and after it utterly ballsed up my templates, i go to network settings and test.

Failed.

i export the v7 settings, thinking something was lost in translation.

import.

failed.

i start a new shop from the sites tab in v8. and import the settings. passed?

i start my network settings from scratch in v8, and let the wizard do its thing.

failed.

can anyone actually explain why v8 fails on the SAME settings?
    Attached Files

fixed.

what it should ahve said in the error was:

"Sorry Gabriel, we mangled your perl scripts when we also mangled you templates, copying all the perl from a virgin site into your site1 folder will fix it."

but no. no such luck.

anyone who gets this error should create a new site, and copy the scripts from it, into the site they want to fix.

problem solved.

thanks to the lovely girls in actinic support, but you couldnt help me

Comment

The wizard seems not to work as well in V8 as it did in V7 - TBH Ive not managed to get it to work at all really and configure manually most times now.

Comment

Working...
      X