• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can add to cart even though there is no stock

Hi,

I am working on a site:

http://mile-high.co.uk/index.html

Most of my products have their own pages but I am having problems with the stock levels.

For example click on Electric Toothbrushes and you will be able to add the Twin Handle Upgrade Pack to the cart even though it's not in stock.

If you click more info, it says not in stock correctly as it should - I can't work out why it's not showing it on the main section page (it's using the same layout as the product page).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

could be something to do with the code used for your "add to cart" button in the section link not being correct.

If you post here the details you used to get the "add to cart" button in this location, perhaps somebody can check it?
    Tracey

Comment

Hi this is the code for the add to cart button in the section:

Code:
      <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22CartButtonVisibleToAllCustomers%22%20%2f%3e" >
      <!-- This code is used when the cart button is visible to all customers -->
      <input type="submit" value="<Actinic:Variable Name="CartButtonText"/>" name="_<Actinic:Variable Name="ProductReference"/>" class="form_button_add_to_cart" />
      </actinic:block> 

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22EnabledForCustomerGroupID%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%22%22">
      <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ProductPriceIsEnabled%22%20%2f%3e">
      <!-- This code is used when the cart button is visible to retail customers, but not all other customer groups -->
      <Actinic:ShowForPriceSchedule Schedules="<actinic:variable name="EnabledForCustomerGroupID" />">
      <input type="submit" value="<Actinic:Variable Name="CartButtonText"/>" name="_<Actinic:Variable Name="ProductReference"/>" class="form_button_add_to_cart" />
      </Actinic:ShowForPriceSchedule>

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ProductPriceIsEnabled%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20FALSE" >
      <!-- This code is used when the cart button needs to hidden from retail customers -->
      <Actinic:ShowForPriceSchedule Schedules="<actinic:variable name="EnabledForCustomerGroupID" />" HTML="<input type='submit' value='<Actinic:Variable Name="CartButtonText"/>' name='_<Actinic:Variable Name="ProductReference"/>' class='form_button_add_to_cart' />"></Actinic:ShowForPriceSchedule>
      And this is the code for the add to cart button on the product:

Code:
      <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22CartButtonVisibleToAllCustomers%22%20%2f%3e" >
      <!-- This code is used when the cart button is visible to all customers -->

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22EnabledForCustomerGroupID%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%22%22">
      <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ProductPriceIsEnabled%22%20%2f%3e">
      <!-- This code is used when the cart button is visible to retail customers, but not all other customer groups -->
      <Actinic:ShowForPriceSchedule Schedules="<actinic:variable name="EnabledForCustomerGroupID" />">
      </Actinic:ShowForPriceSchedule>

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ProductPriceIsEnabled%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20FALSE" >
      <!-- This code is used when the cart button needs to hidden from retail customers -->
      <Actinic:ShowForPriceSchedule Schedules="<actinic:variable name="EnabledForCustomerGroupID" />" HTML="<input type='submit' value='<Actinic:Variable Name="CartButtonText"/>' name='_<Actinic:Variable Name="ProductReference"/>' class='form_button_add_to_cart' />"></Actinic:ShowForPriceSchedule>
      I think it is the same code ?

The code that puts the button in this location is:

Code:
               <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsAddToCartButtonShown%22%20%2f%3e%20AND%20%0d%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22NumberAttributesInPushButtonGrid%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%200%29" >
                  <actinic:variable name="AddToCartButton" />

Comment

I have worked out why this is happening. I have the product in there twice, but I do want it twice, I just want both to take the same stock level - is this possible ?

Comment

Has your client specified that you use the more info links? Why not have the product information on the page and a larger zoom image available if required?

What's the purpose of the more info link? If you have that much info you need to hide some of it, surely single product per page is what you should be doing?

Comment

Hi,

Thanks, yes some of the products do have a LOT of info, hence the need for more info.

I am having one product per page for most products but not all. I'm not sure if I have set this up the correct way though, if someone could enlighten on exactly how to do one product per page that would be useful.

Cheers

Comment

Think of sections as pages, that's where the confusion normally comes in. So if we are creating one product per page website, we create a section (i.e. page) and add ONE product to it. That page can then be marketed to the one product it is displaying.

Almost all of the time you can get rid of extended info as this is just plain crap in my eyes. If a product has that much info, then create a content rich single product page for it.

Comment

Hi Lee,

This is what I have done, so it seems so far I have gone down the right route.

If you take a look at the above link again, you will see that now I have a "More Info" link which links to the product and I have got rid of the Add to Cart button on the main section page - is this wise ?

The way it currently works, every product with more info has 2 products in the catalogue - would this be the best way to do it ?

Thanks

Comment

Matthew it is down to opinion on what you should do, do not take my word as gospel, i know of some who will disagree. In your situation i would not be showing as much text as you do on the first screen, i certainly would not be duplicating it on the next page. I would show a picture and a title and a more info button that clicked into the 2nd screen you have. Your approach is the worst of both worlds IMO.

Slim down the first screen (products 3 wide for example) and then click to go through to all of the info and the buying screen. I would also implement the tabber off drillpine.biz as i think that would look good on that site. You can see it in action on this site i am currently working on, site is very new and very raw, but you can get the idea. Example.

Comment

Thanks Lee.

I realise it is down to opinion, although it's good to have other people's opinions.

With regards to slimming down the first page and not having duplicate products, are you suggesting I use Fragments rather then duplicate products to link to the actual products ?

I took a look at the example you gave, I do like that menu. I had a look on the drillpine.biz site but there are a few menus on there - which one is it that you are using ?

Thanks

Comment

This page is 7 sub sections with section images defined. No duplicates, no fragments or brochure pages.

This leads to this, which leads to this.

Which in plain English is:

Section
                      ....Sub-section
                      ..........Product

The left hand menu is NorList.

Comment

Thanks Lee, I kind of see how it works although I thought you said to have a section for each product ?

Wouldn't that mean

Section > Sub-Section > Section > Product ?

Last time I tried using Sub Sections, I had problems but will give it another go I think.

I may also use that menu, is it relatively easy to configure and get working ?

Comment

Any section sitting below a top level section IS a sub-section. Your structure illustrated is impossible to do. A sub-section is just a section sitting within a section - that is all.

Menu is pretty easy to setup, just need to set colours and widths.

Comment

Thanks for your help Lee, think I've got the hang of it now.

Comment

Originally posted by magga
                              Thanks for your help Lee, think I've got the hang of it now.
                              You certainly have, nice one.

Comment

Working...
                              X