Cloning a Catalog site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cloning a Catalog site

I want to be able to make a complete copy of my Catalog site, to install somewhere else. (Using Actinic Business Multi-site v8).

If I export a site snapshot of the existing site (site 1, say), can I then import it back into Business Multi-site and call it something else (site 2), or will it over-write the existing site?

Has anyone had any experience of doing this?

Snapshot existing site, license new site, import snapshot, delete products and orders, update hosting - job done. You can have as many copies of a site as you like as long as they are all called something different, no cross site conflicts in actinic.

Comment

It works fine.

First create the new site in MU.

Then you can either snapshot your existing and re-import into the new site or copy the contents of your existing site folder and overwrite the contents of your new site folder.

Finally don't forget to change the hard coded info in Business Settings and Network Setting and any where you may have added a hard coded URL.

Comment

Thanks for this - it was really helpful. The two crucial steps that I was missing / not thinking clearly about were licensing a new site and changing the business settings.

Comment

Working...
        X