Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Defined Multiple Product Quantities

Hi everybody,

We are creating a shop that is selling wine online. These bottles have an individual price (say £3), but can only be bought in cases of 12, or half cases of 6.

Is there a way of creating a system whereby the individual price can be set for each bottle, and then it being multiplied by either 6 or 12, then multiplied by the quantity?

So say if you buy two cases of £3 wine, it would be 2x12x3 = £72

Thanks for any assistance.

I would think the way to do this would be to set up the single bottle as a hidden product.
    Then, create a master product for the case..adding a component for 6 bottles (using qty 6 for the associated product) and another for 12 bottles (using qty 12 for the associated product)
    This would give you the desired result..although it may be easier to just list them as separate products...a half case and a full case?

There may be other ways to do it though...I'm sure someone will step in and say so if there are.
    Tracey

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply

After a quick discussion with my colleague, we have decided that people may want to mix and match orders, rather than order a half case of the same bottle.

With that said, I have had a snoop around the actinic and noticed their is a "Minimum order value" and "Minimum Quantity" per product. Is there a way of creating a method that says you can buy individual bottles of wine, but to place an order you must buy 12 bottles in total or more.

Thanks

Comment

There have been many posts like this in the past. Try searching for something like "selling by the case".
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks Norman - I have done this and found this thread...

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=6425

But this applies to Version 6. I have no idea if this would work with version 8.

There is also the issue that our customer may want to sell pre-made mixed cases that would count as 1 product, but in fact consist of 12 bottles...

Comment

Originally posted by grant
            There is also the issue that our customer may want to sell pre-made mixed cases that would count as 1 product, but in fact consist of 12 bottles...
            selling set cases is easier as, assuming you require stock control?, it just requires a main product with components relating to the case contents.
            If you don't need the stock control of any kind, then simply detailing the case as a single product would be enough, I would think.
            Tracey

Comment

our customer may want to sell pre-made mixed cases that would count as 1 product, but in fact consist of 12 bottles
              As soon as you add in extra complicating factors (like the above and also selling non-case items like corkscrews) you move away from what can be done with a small tweak to requiring bespoke customisation.

I've done such things before - usually for wine merchants. If no-one else can help, contact me by email if you need a quote for such work.
              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
              X