Adding a new full description field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding a new full description field

Is it possible to create a new tab for a product that contains a 'Full Description field'.

We're looking to include this into the main product layout so that we can essentially separate 2 chunks of text, the main description and another optional one which contains some extra text or images specified in !!< >!! tags
    Thanks

Jos Medinger

Tel : 01978 843 962
    www.internetology.co.uk
    Actinic / E-Commerce Hosting, Design & SEO

you'd create variables for your new items.

one for the text and one for the image.

then use them in your templates.

make the variables available at the products level.

Comment

Yes, you could define a custom variable to hold the text scoped to product. Then insert this variable into the product layout. You can then use a blockif to decide to display it or not dependant on it's contents.

If you're not sure how to do this then read about creating your own variables in the help.

Comment

Thanks for the fast replies folks.

This does give me a field if assigned at product level to enter an image or text in.
        This field however is not viewable like a 'full description' box
        Ideally that is what I was driving for as it makes editing the contents of that box much much easier.

Also, the text field for a user defined variable doesn't allow you to paste line breaks into it - these have to be hard coded as <br>'s which makes the process of copying and pasting a load more hassle.

Can anyone suggest if there's a better way I should be approaching it?
        Thanks

Jos Medinger

www.internetology.co.uk

Comment

Tabber on drillpine.biz possibly?

Comment

The Description field has "Zoom" option available if you right-click it.

I've already nagged Actinic that such a facility should be on any Text entry field - including user defined Variables.
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel
              The Description field has "Zoom" option available if you right-click it.

I've already nagged Actinic that such a facility should be on any Text entry field - including user defined Variables.
              That's precisely my issue Norman - a zoom facility on that text field would be great - it would eliminate most of my issues - I bet however that the text field still wouldn't accept a multi line paste unless it was in 'zoomed mode'...
              Thanks

Jos Medinger

www.internetology.co.uk

Comment

Working...
              X