Quantity field not needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quantity field not needed

On my site each product ordered comes in packs of 250 / 500 / 1000 / 2000 / 5000 etc. What i've done is to ask users to select their quantity from a drop-down box - which is an attribute. This also helps to work out the total price as i've added the prices as permutations.

The problem is that I have changed the quantity setting for the site to 'quantity in shopping cart'. What then happens is if you select say 500 of an item and then view your basket it asks you what quantity you want. This could get confusing as they've already selected 500.

Is there a way I can remove the quantity option completely?
    Cheers
    Stuart

there's a setting somewhere (in business settings) that says "order quantity always one"
    does checking this give you a satisfactory result? It's only an option if you NEVER intend to sell more than one of anything though, obviously!

Alternatively, if you set the min qty and max qty orderable as 1 for the products you want displaying this way, this should remove the quantity field.
    Tracey

Comment

Convert back to having it in product layout and i think the fix is something like changing:

<input type="text"

for:

<input type="hidden"

It definitely involves the word hidden anyway if that doesn't work.

Comment

You could possibly also blockif the input type on a variable test scoped to product if you don't always want it removed.

Comment

I have changed the quantity setting for the site to 'quantity in shopping cart
          Switch these Sections back to Quantity on Product Page, then amend your product layout to replace
          Code:
          <span class="actrequired"><Actinic:Variable Name="QuantityPrompt"/></span><input type="text" name="Q_<actinic:variable Name="ProductID"/>" size="4" value="<Actinic:Variable Name="DefaultQuantity"/>" class="form_input_general" />
          with
          Code:
          <input type="hidden" name="Q_<actinic:variable Name="ProductID"/>" value="1" />
          This is for 8.5.1.HFUA. If you're using an earlier version, use ProductReference instead of ProductID.
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
          X