Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone tell me why i cant have two attributes in under one component?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone tell me why i cant have two attributes in under one component?

Hi,
    I have created a component called timber type and then have an attribute timber choice with choices listed it in.but when i try creating anohter attribute called length it gives me an error message saying

Error:
    drop down permutation lists only work with a single attribute within a
    component.

how could i do this ?
    oak of 500mm
    ash 600mm
    oak 600mm .....
    and then the price for each of it being displayed. ..say £30.00
    i dont want them to be displayed in two differnet drop down lists.
    Could anyone please sort this out for me.

Thanks
    Shankar

it's the price that is causing the problem here. The price displayed would be dependant on both choices and, because the pages are static html, there is no way for Actinic to calculate that price based on the results of 2 dropdown choices.
    Hope that makes sense!
    The only way round it would be either detail the prices in the description and use 2 dropdowns or to present all the choice combinations as one list, I think.

Maybe someone else can explain a bit better!

Norman, if you're reading this, your dynamic pricing add-on is going to be in demand!
    Tracey

Comment

Thanks Tracey,

I now tried creating two attributes separately for a product and then tried creating a component for the product ,it gives me an error message saying first copy the attributes to the clipboard and then create a component and then paste the attributes on to it.

but where do i get the option of the clipboard and in that case would it actuallly work out?

thanks
      shankar

Comment

to copy them to the clipboard, all you'd have to do is right-click and choose "copy"
        then create the component...right click and choose "paste"
        I don't think it's going to solve your problem though.
        If you're using a component layout that adds in the prices, you're still going to have the same problems, I think.
        Tracey

Comment

ok done ,i have created a component called choice and then created two attributes called timber type and length.
          these attributes have appeared as two different drop down lists .

now it allowed me doing it ,and another thing is now my pricing would be based on the timber as well as the length so how do i go about it?

thanks
          shankar

Comment

well you won't be able to get the prices to show in your dropdown menus...but you can actually set the prices in your store by going to the permutations tab of your component and clicking "fill list"
            Tracey

Comment

Ok thats fine but when i try doing he pricing by selsecting the component pricing option in the price tab and then select the product from the product tab in the component details section,it does not allow e putting in information about the prices in to the price field.

and then wheni go into the layout tab of the component details section and select component layout with selectable permutaions it give me the same eror but the rpices have come in
              i have attached a screenshot of it please have a look at it.

thanks
              shankar
              Attached Files

Comment

sorry, you've confused me now LOL
                Doesn't take much!

The problem is that you are trying to use the selectable permutations layout for your component and, as it keeps tellling you, you can't do that with more than one attribute (which is a shame and I'm not entirely sure why, given the way it's displayed... I'd never really looked into it that closely before)

Could you not use the "component layout with attributes and grid" instead to give you your choices but also a grid to show pricing etc?
                Tracey

Comment

sorry to confuse ,i should have attached the screen shot during the first time itself

Yea i have tried that out as well ,but how do i allow my customer to add that particular product to the cart ?

so that isnt possible??right??

and where do i do the basic pricing for the product ?
                  thanks
                  shankar

Comment

and if i were to put in an add to cart button would that work ??

Comment

It might be a idea for you to read through the "help" files in the software...searching for permutations and reading up on the different layouts and possibilities for setting up prices and display of attributes etc.

You should be able to set your prices in the permutations tab of the component, as I said before, but read up in the help files..I'm sure all your options should be documented in there
                      Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by shaloy
                        and if i were to put in an add to cart button would that work ??
                        as long as the "can be ordered online" box is checked in the main product, you should have an add to cart button (when everything is set up without errors)
                        Tracey

Comment

thanks for your help,i'd have a look at it and try getting it sortd out

shankar

Comment

Working...
                          X