Allow customers to back order themselves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allow customers to back order themselves

I have just updated stock levels on my site with associated hidden products. It is working great, and tells customers which options are out of stock.

BUT

It does not allow a customer to back order.

I would like to still allow a customer to order, but I would like a notification to advise them that 1. the item is out of stock, 2. The expected delivery time (this is always the same for each item), then ask them if they still wish to add the product to their cart.

Can this be done.

Thanks
    Okay, I pulled the pin. Now what?... Wait!...Where are you going?

I'd be very interested if this could be done too
    www.satellite.ie

Comment

Create a new variable [see help pages if unsure] settable at product level called availability.

Then you would need to add something like this into your product template:

Code:
      <actinic:block if="%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsStockMonitored%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20TRUE%29%20AND%20%0d%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22StockLevel%22%20%2f%3e%20%3e%3d%20%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22StockSuspendLevel%22%20%2f%3e%29" >
          Availability: In Stock
      </actinic:block>
      <actinic:block if="%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsStockMonitored%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20TRUE%29%20AND%0d%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22StockLevel%22%20%2f%3e%20%3c%3d%20%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22StockSuspendLevel%22%20%2f%3e%29" >
          Availability: <actinic:variable name="Availability" />
      </actinic:block>
      If the product is out of stock, whatever text you have put in the "Availability" variable will show in place of In Stock.

NB. This only works if the stocklevel is monitored.

Comment

Nice one Jon, i had been looking at this, but have had my head stuck into trying to create section layout using css and put this on the back burner, want to use extensively soon

D

Comment

Add 20 to your stock levels, set the warning/suspend levels to 20 + whatever you want the warning level to be and add a condition to display a message when 20 or less are in stock to say that the item will be backordered and be available in xx weeks.

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
          X