How can I hide info from customers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I hide info from customers?

Hi all, any one know a way around this question.

We offer own branded products in the shop which are usually drop shipped by the manufacturer. When the person processing the order gets it they need to know that the "our brand" magic shower is really a Mira Sport shower and they need to order one from Mira. (Bear in mind were over the 1000 product figure so memory isn't an option) How can I add this information to the product in Actinic without the customer seeing it?

The only place I can see to add anything is the Report Description section on each product but this is then printed on both the packing list (which is OK as they aren't sent out) AND the Invoice which is no good as that goes to the customer. Actinic Cover support suggested either Crystal report alteration of the invoice (don't have Crystal) or a bespoke method from a customisation company. Not having any hidden fields appears to be a flaw in the system or am I missing something here that you all knowledgeable users do to solve this problem?

TIA

Julian

Input your own product references is my first thought, they can mean nothing to anyone but you. They can show on an order.

Comment

Won't they know what it is when it arrives anyway, so what does it matter, for me I'd rather buy a Mira shower that an own brand one anyway, spect I've missed something here.

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Originally posted by Jan
        Won't they know what it is when it arrives anyway, so what does it matter, for me I'd rather buy a Mira shower that an own brand one anyway, spect I've missed something here.

Regards,
        Heehee Not if the Mira is £300 and the Ownbrand £200. No they won't know it is a Mira as in this case Mira would have re-badged the product as well (Actually Mira isn't one of the suppliers that does this in case anyone wonders - but plenty others do).

From the previous responder. I can use some product codes but with 50+ suppliers and 1000's of products the codes can and do often overlap.

No what I need is not an answer to the business qustion (thanks all the same) what I need is a way of making Actinic do what I want it to do, Why is there no where on product level you can put in hidden info?

Julian

Comment

well you could add a variable into the product details for it (I do this for supplier and references) but you'd still have to cross-check the order details for each ordered product against the variable details in your product info.

You'd need some way of including this variable into a report such as the packing list...maybe someone knows if this is possible using Crystal Reports?
          Tracey

Comment

Yes, you could make a modification to the crystal report to pick up this product variable information, you would have to enter the variable details on either the product or the products parent section though, if you tried to make too much use of the 'use parent' feature on variables the report would be a nightmare to code.

You might want to have a word with Duncan, he has a report customisation service, if not, you need to use Crystal Reports V8.5 to do the change.

Regards,
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
            Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
            A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Product Mash for Sellerdeck
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Multichannel order processing
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

I would do this using the extended product description and then edit that field out of the Invoice report.

See this thread for how to use it. http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=29500

It should be fairly easy to implement.

Mike
              -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
              X