Cut or Delete?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cut or Delete?

When I want to delete a section or product, I have started to use the 'Cut' feature rather than 'Delete'

Delete only marks the itemes for later purging, whereas Cut removes the thing from the tree immediately (I know it puts it into memory for later pasting but I dont paste it any where - I just forget it & let it drop off the end of the world later!)

Other than the ability to re-instate the deleted items later, is there any risk or problem associated with Cut instead od Delete?

Thanks
    www.yandles.co.uk
    www.websilk.co.uk
    Today is the tomorrow that I worried about yesterday.
    So far, all is well. Am I still worried? YES! Watch some b.....d mess it up!

hi Donald (again LOL)

the only downside with cutting, that I have found (because I do this too) is that if a product has duplicates elsewhere in the catalogue, it won't allow you to cut it. You'd have to either cut the duplicates first (which means finding them!) or delete instead.

Apart from that, I do the same thing!
    Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by budgetbumps
      hi Donald (again LOL)

the only downside with cutting, that I have found (because I do this too) is that if a product has duplicates elsewhere in the catalogue, it won't allow you to cut it. You'd have to either cut the duplicates first (which means finding them!) or delete instead.

Apart from that, I do the same thing!
      Ooooooo - we meet again... Thanks for that Tracy... Comforting that I am not alone out there!

I have'nt got around to using 'Duplicates' yet - So far I havent read up on 'em - been too busy stuffing product up or building a new computer!...

Thanks for your input

Donald
      www.yandles.co.uk
      www.websilk.co.uk
      Today is the tomorrow that I worried about yesterday.
      So far, all is well. Am I still worried? YES! Watch some b.....d mess it up!

Comment

Cutting is useful if you want to move components with permutations around, if you drag and drop a component with permutations, the permutations disappear but if you cut and paste, they stay put.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

I use cut to completely remove stuff for the same reasons and yer took me ages one day to realise why i could not cut a section..... where were you then miss bumps

D

Comment

Working...
          X