Training for Actinic v8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Training for Actinic v8

I have been playing around with a trial version of v8 and while I was able to get the hang of customising templates and designing quite easily in V7, I am struggling with the changes and new concepts in v8.

Does anyone have any experience of the training course Actinic or others run.

In case it helps, I have a good working knowledge of html and have managed to design and customise over a dozen sites in v7. I now want to move up to v8 and redesign all our sites from the bottom up to take advantage of the new features v8 offers, some of the extras in the advanced user guide and third party add-ons.

Or maybe now would be the time to get somone to do the design for me an I will add the products etc - any suggestion there esp with an idea of cost.

Thanks

James
    www.butterflies-healthcare.co.uk
    www.viteyes.co.uk - vitamins for macular degeneration
    www.natorigin.co.uk - natural/organic cosmetics and skin care for sensitive skin & eyes
    www.butterflies-eyecare.co.uk - eye drops, vitamins and other eye care products
    www.prescription-swimming-goggles.co.uk - optical and prescription swimming goggles

James i can let you know in a couple of weeks, im booked on one, a few of the regulars here have doen the course early last year i believe

D

Comment

I was one of the early few that went on the v8 course and can highly recommend it. It is more useful if, like yourself, have a working knowledge of html and have already had a good play with v8. Considering your background with v7 sites I would expect you could pick up v8 very quickly - once you get into it it is much more friendly than v7. Don't try to compare v7 with v8, they are very different.

If you want a design done for you then there are many deigners available on the forum. Contact myself or others off forum if you wish to persue this route.

Comment

I found the design course really useful, it pulled all of the different parts of V8 into place and gave a good grounding for designing with Actinic. Having said that I still had 2 of my sites designed and developed by a professional but I can now make changes without too many problems so it was still worth going. It was also nice to meet up with other Actinic users and in my case put a few faces to names from this community.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

The course is well worth the effort to attend especially if you have several sites to do.

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb
            The course is well worth the effort to attend especially if you have several sites to do.
            Defo will be money well spent.

Regards
            Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
            Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

I'd wait for V9 personally.

Comment

We have been told there will be no huge differences in v9, therefore in my view waiting is pointless.

Go for it now, the learning curve will be the same for 8 and 9

Comment

Agree with Jo. Do the v8 course as soon as possible. Then work a test site or two to get familiar with the TOTALLY new way of working with Actinic, and by the time v9 comes out, you'll be up to speed on <block-if> </block> and <Actinic:variable name="PageName"> and ready to rebuild your site in either v8 or v9.
                  Bill
                  www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                  Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                  BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                  Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                  VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                  Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

We have been told there will be no huge differences in v9
                    exactly what I have been told as well

Comment

I wish i was as easily convinced.

Comment

I wish i was as easily convinced
                        About what - the course or V9

Comment

Evening Lee and Malc, wrong side of mid night or is the sun in the wrong place

Glad i booked the course now, even more stuff to wreck my head with ye ha here i come

Comment

Glad i booked the course now
                            make sure you write a list of questions you need answering while you are down there as they will be able to show you the answer there and then.

Comment

Thanks Malc, i dont need to write it down, i just printed off the AUG

D

Comment

Working...
                              X