run command for vista

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

run command for vista

Ok does anyone know what the run command is for vista?

when the site folders are held in the actinic catalog directory i could use

"C:\Program Files\Actinic v8\Catalog.exe" /s "Site1"

But in vista these are held in the users/public/public doc e.t.c anyone know

made some site layout changes, while working on a new section layout using css and tables, now actinic locks up i cant do anything so i want to start in a existing good configuration site, delete the problem one and load a new snap shot

Cheers
    Darren

Theory would indicate using the whole path as seen in explorer when you navigate to the folder.

But you've tried that, right?
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Have you tried booting it with the command pointing to the my docs location of site 1?
      Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
      Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B
        "C:\Program Files\Actinic v8\Catalog.exe" /s "Site1"
        This works for me in Vista, with all my sites currently in my docs, only change is Site1 is not in quotes as you have above i.e above should be:-

C:\Program Files\Actinic v8\Catalog.exe" /s Site1
        Cheers

David
        Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

Thanks guys

All sorted now, not sure it was totally actinic, now. I used the settings dave quoted as these are what i have always used, yet it gave me the message about could not find site using last one, which of course did not work.

Got so pissed off with it i went a dug the garden, by the time i came back in the battery was flat, so plugged the laptop in restarted and clicked on it without thinking about it, just as i was about to launch the thing out the window it came to life

I have since tried the old way and it worked this time. , not sure why maybe one of those gremlins. Mind you the break was probably better seemed to have achieved something since

Cheers
          Dx

Comment

Working...
          X