Actinic Cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic Cover

The rumoured 'move' towards annual upgrade releases is a logical move for Actinic as it will encourage people to take out cover knowing that the price they have paid will then include an upgrade to the next release. Currently cover only gives you just that, 'cover', and probably will not include the next major release.

I took out cover last year to get v8 which turned out to be a premature purchase - I should've waited for another 3-4 months. I now sit with cover about to expire (if it hasn't already) and I see no reason to renew it until v9 has reached market. Other than the 20% loyalty discount I see no benefit in renewing my cover.

Should I renew cover now?
    Are others in the same boat?

Duncan is there different cover levels, i only ask as i always get my upgrades intermediate and versions

Darren

Comment

No cover is cover - the cost varies depending on the products you are 'covering'.

Maintenance releases are available without cover. Version upgrade is not.

Comment

Duncan

I emailed Actinic last week asking when V9 will be released and will it be a free upgrade? (living in hopes!) The following was the reply:
        v9 will be this year, and anyone with Actinic Cover will receive an upgrade at no additional charge.
        Unquote
        www.yandles.co.uk
        www.websilk.co.uk
        Today is the tomorrow that I worried about yesterday.
        So far, all is well. Am I still worried? YES! Watch some b.....d mess it up!

Comment

I agree too Duncan, free upgrades to the next version in your year of cover are included in the price. The 20% discount is your partner discount when buying the software isn't it?

Comment

It's just i have never looked at it, i always get the upgrade, just pay the invoice every year

D

Comment

Originally posted by drounding
              Are others in the same boat?
              We are, only £517 for the year.

Not happy to renew at this price at all, its actually a thing that people like yourself should get free, the amount of time you spend answering queries on here must save the "support team" an absolute abundance of calls and emails.

Time to loosen the purse strings Actinic, and reward the people who keep the forum "working".

Only seems to be Bruce on here nowadays as well. Chrissy Dee must have gone pro wi' his banjo career.

*waves to the Chris's and Bruce*
              Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Not exactly. The 20% (or higher) discount is the loyalty discount for maintaining cover without lapsing. My issue is that I bought cover to get v8 (much too early as I couldn't use v8 for at least 4 months later). Now the cover is expiring and I must renew to get v9. Had I however bought cover later when v8 was able to be used properly my cover would then more than likely also include the v9 release.

I see no point in renewing my cover until v9 is released. Unless someone can think of otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by george
                  We are, only £517 for the year.

Not happy.
                  Mornin G

You serious, is that how much it is now FM

Comment

I see no point in renewing my cover until v9 is released. Unless someone can think of otherwise.
                    If you stop cover and then restart it once v9 is released, i think you will find that the upgrade is not included. I have always seen the upgrades provided free of charge as part of an ongoing cover/support contract.

Comment

I can see what you mean, 20% =2 1/2 months cover, you have not saved anything realy, so what you better of doing is, waiting 6 months for it to bed down, get your cover, then get your upgrade.

I think actinic need to look at this then, does not encourage you to take it out every year does it

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B
                        I think actinic need to look at this then, does not encourage you to take it out every year does it
                        Take it out once every 2 years, where the year of cover encompasses 2 version changes looks like a winning formula to me.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
                          If you stop cover and then restart it once v9 is released, i think you will find that the upgrade is not included. I have always seen the upgrades provided free of charge as part of an ongoing cover/support contract.
                          Ok that sort of answers my post then

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
                            Take it out once every 2 years, where the year of cover encompasses 2 version changes looks like a winning formula to me.
                            I am confused a bit now, but that aint hard

Comment

I pay around about that as well but that is the figure for multiuser and changes with the number of license you have, cover for catalog costs around £250 I believe and business is £350.

Regards,
                              Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                              Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                              A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                              Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                              Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                              Multichannel order processing
                              Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
                              X